The Poppy - For Or Against?

David

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
Why should FIFA fucking care about the poppy? It's their regulations, and for the old "they did it for us" argument to be trotted out again is just ridiculous.

Because they'd be calling themselves Verband International von Fu

Previously, I was all for the poppy. Most years I'd even be one of the few who'd bother to wear one.

Now though, I am against the poppy. It is a political symbol and I fucking hate it. I've woken up.

I do not respect the armed forces and the people who serve within it.

I do not support our troops and I do not support any of their crusades.

They choose to join a group that kills people. So fuck them.

I feel for all those 'scripted in the World Wars. They deserve rememberance. They have this already though so fuck the poppy.

If you feel differently than me, ok. Look forward to WW3 next year.

Previously, I was all for the poppy. Most years I'd even be one of the few who'd bother to wear one.

Now though, I am against the poppy. It is a political symbol and I fucking hate it. I've woken up.

I do not respect the armed forces and the people who serve within it.

I do not support our troops and I do not support any of their crusades.

They choose to join a group that kills people. So fuck them.

I feel for all those 'scripted in the World Wars. They deserve rememberance. They have this already though so fuck the poppy.

If you feel differently than me, ok. Look forward to WW3 next year.

Words fail me.

• Paid Members

The Poppy on shirts thing is doing my fucking head in. What an over-reaction. Remembrance isn't about a poppy on an England shirt. The minute you stand before the game and think about what these people gave up is far more important.

Heard someone refer to it as a "tradition" this morning, referring to English clubs. In 2009, only 12 PL clubs wore a "poppy kit" by choice. 6 more reacted to the aggro and Liverpool and Man U didn't bother.

The Poppy on shirts thing is doing my fucking head in. What an over-reaction. Remembrance isn't about a poppy on an England shirt. The minute you stand before the game and think about what these people gave up is far more important.

Heard someone refer to it as a "tradition" this morning, referring to English clubs. In 2009, only 12 PL clubs wore a "poppy kit" by choice. 6 more reacted to the aggro and Liverpool and Man U didn't bother.

Cant disagree with any of that, well put sir

There is a long standing tradition in this country for the Media to blow things completely out of proportion and often flat out lie.

It's nice that we as a nation are sticking to that at least! :(

Archived