The Lucha Libre Thread

Vamp

Oh. Haha. To be fair, I didn't have high hopes, but his look is certainly intriguing.

Killshot is dreadful, but I haven't seen Strickland without the mask. Does he work the same style? Maybe my opinion of him will change if I see some Shane Strickland work. Striker seemed intent on getting him over on commentary in a recent episode.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel that LU is really missing Dario Cueto. He's a fantastic character, and it just seems a bit empty with him gone.

That said, it also feels like everything is moving a lot slower than Season 1, but we are only 6 episodes in. I expect things will pick up at/after Aztec Warfare.

I've recently seen a picture of a man named Gronda/Gronda XXX/Groon XXX, and a few other varieties. I've only managed to find one match of his though, competing in a trios match against another Gronda. He looks the business, but I'd like to see if he can do the business in the ring. Anyone know where the best place to look would be? (obviously, I've tried YouTube etc). It's a shame he's retired, I think he'd fit in nicely with LU. 

Gronda is... the shits. He really is. Imagine the worst wrestler you've ever seen, inject him with steroids and put a devil mask on him. That's Gronda.

Thunder's worse. there was just something strangely entertaining about watching Gronda, the bumbling idiot.

Just watched Thunder's match with Rush, not him at his absolute worst but it'll give you an idea of how crappy he is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OCvyvihSYs&index=11&list=PLWHseX38Sl9KH4312y9t4UaGFp4oawVnM

As for over roided guy for LU, Jon Strongman Anderson (if he's still working) is competent.

Incase anyone missed it AAA up'd the 4th first round match of Rey de Reyes: Hijo del Fantasma vs Pentagón Jr vs Fénix vs Octagón Jr

Easily the best match of the first round (which isn't saying much) and shows how effective, if done right a heel ref can be. Octagon Jr's (Fireball/Flamita) Debut. winner faces Villano IV, La Parka & Blue Demon jr at Rey de Reyes

I feel that LU is really missing Dario Cueto. He's a fantastic character, and it just seems a bit empty with him gone.

That said, it also feels like everything is moving a lot slower than Season 1, but we are only 6 episodes in. I expect things will pick up at/after Aztec Warfare.

I've recently seen a picture of a man named Gronda/Gronda XXX/Groon XXX, and a few other varieties. I've only managed to find one match of his though, competing in a trios match against another Gronda. He looks the business, but I'd like to see if he can do the business in the ring. Anyone know where the best place to look would be? (obviously, I've tried YouTube etc). It's a shame he's retired, I think he'd fit in nicely with LU. 

Gronda is... the shits. He really is. Imagine the worst wrestler you've ever seen, inject him with steroids and put a devil mask on him. That's Gronda.

Thunder's worse. there was just something strangely entertaining about watching Gronda, the bumbling idiot.

Just watched Thunder's match with Rush, not him at his absolute worst but it'll give you an idea of how crappy he is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OCvyvihSYs&index=11&list=PLWHseX38Sl9KH4312y9t4UaGFp4oawVnM

As for over roided guy for LU, Jon Strongman Anderson (if he's still working) is competent.

Incase anyone missed it AAA up'd the 4th first round match of Rey de Reyes: Hijo del Fantasma vs Pentagón Jr vs Fénix vs Octagón Jr

Easily the best match of the first round (which isn't saying much) and shows how effective, if done right a heel ref can be. Octagon Jr's (Fireball/Flamita) Debut. winner faces Villano IV, La Parka & Blue Demon jr at Rey de Reyes

At least Gronda was a Mexican fella trying (I think) his best. Thunder is some knob who obviously put no time into it at all and is taking up a valuable upper mid card/main event spot.

Also, Gronda looked so weird:

nmyvy9.jpg

ps-Remember when the usually conservative CMLL took him on and had to alter his name LA Park style? 'Groon XXX' - what a name!

pps- Will watch the Flamita match!

Looks like Konnan's getting the chop from AAA. His mild bitching has turned into tweeting the Roldan's saying they aren't people of their word, and that they're months behind in paying Masters, Cage, Mundo and now even him and Rey-  https://mobile.twitter.com/Konnan5150/status/709556337672257536?p=p

Hearing other foreigners moaning and snickering about AAA, maybe they're not long for this (lucha) world either. Most of them would have been hard pressed to get a regular gig anywhere a few years ago, but maybe everybody thinks Lucha Underground is somehow going to be big or that NXT will be around signing tiny wrestlers forever. May be in trouble if either of those is not the case.

As for K-Dogg, hopefully AAA can continue to have factions in perpetuity in honour of his booking style. With CMLL finally opening doors to previous untouchables, there is a chance that a monster run in CMLL may be on the cards. CMLL could really do with it too.

Archived