The Lucha Libre Thread

Vamp

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I genuinely think one of the reasons WWE barely do any angles anymore is because they can't just write stuff like a normal TV show, they have to warp it through the weird hidden-camera this-is-real filter that Cornette seems so hell bent on. That's why Lucha Underground works so well and feels so fucking fresh. They can't he arsed with any of that anymore. And they realise that it doesn't do anything but harm the product. Their acceptance of what they are, allowing them to script and shoot vignettes like any other TV show or movie is so obviously the future of the business. That a goof like Cornette doesn't get it is hardly surprising.

• Paid Members

Sorry to double post but I watched the first episode of season one today. Will give it another episode or two but I don't Think it's for me. It's very well produced but I'm really not liking the way it's shot.

If you're talking about the way the wrestling is shot, then stick with it. I seem to remember also feeling a bit put off by the camera work at first, but you definitely get used to it.

• Paid Members

Sorry to double post but I watched the first episode of season one today. Will give it another episode or two but I don't Think it's for me. It's very well produced but I'm really not liking the way it's shot.

Fuck that, just start watching from the show where they crown the first Champion (episode 9, 7th Jan 2015). That's the best place to start and where all the main stories begin. As with most shows, the first few episodes are a bit ropey.

Archived