Wrestler names that are shit

Wendell Cooley

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Zack Ryder is a cracking name. .

I seem to remember when Ryder and Hawkins were first given those names this forum went crazy because they were two generic shit names that were seemingly randomly chosen, much like nearly all FCW names. Now everyone here loves Ryder, regardless of his name.

I always thought America's Most Wanted had the shittest names. "Wildcat" Chris Harris and "Cowboy" James Storm both sound like they came out of a random wrestler name generator and the team name sounds so generically shit, it sounds like a couple of kids in an efed.

Zack Ryder is a cracking name. .

I seem to remember when Ryder and Hawkins were first given those names this forum went crazy because they were two generic shit names that were seemingly randomly chosen, much like nearly all FCW names. Now everyone here loves Ryder, regardless of his name.

The name seems to fit him perfectly now though, rather than when he was a generic longhair.

Brutus 'The Barber' Beefcake.

Sounded gay when I was 7, sounds gay when I'm 28.

You were concerned about the homosexual connotations of a wrestler's name when you were 7 years old? I suspect this is twaddle. It wasn't even something I considered when I first started watching wrestling. Of course now it sounds like a name geared towards the gays, but I doubt any kids in the 80's thought about it.

A more intersting question, though, is how much Vince deliberately marketed to homos - he must've been aware of the appeal of beefcakes in knickers rolling around together, given his fascination with the super-gay body-building culture - I reckon he camped it on purpose in order to target those with deviant lifestyles. I mean, look at the Big Bossman. It's pure Village People, innit?

• Paid Members
Brutus 'The Barber' Beefcake.

Sounded gay when I was 7, sounds gay when I'm 28.

You were concerned about the homosexual connotations of a wrestler's name when you were 7 years old? I suspect this is twaddle. It wasn't even something I considered when I first started watching wrestling. Of course now it sounds like a name geared towards the gays, but I doubt any kids in the 80's thought about it.

Even as a kid I thought 'Beefcake' sounded a bit 'funny'.

Archived