Wrestler names that are shit

Wendell Cooley

I've always hated 'The Big Show' as a name. It's not exactly menacing, is it? Downright silly, in fact. If it was Paul 'The Big Show' Wight, then maybe it would be forgivable, but as it stands it's really daft.

I also care not for all this Skip Shefield (sounds like some annoying insurance salesman who accosts you at an airport bar) and Michael McGillicutty bollocks.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've always hated 'The Big Show' as a name. It's not exactly menacing, is it? Downright silly, in fact. If it was Paul 'The Big Show' Wight, then maybe it would be forgivable, but as it stands it's really daft.

I also care not for all this Skip Shefield (sounds like some annoying insurance salesman who accosts you at an airport bar) and Michael McGillicutty bollocks.

What is McGillicutty's real name by the way ?

It's funny the sort of thing you just get used to, and say without really thinking about it. There's been some bloody ridiculous names that, as a wrestling fan, you just get used to saying as if you're saying the blandest words in the world.

And yet despite all that, I will never ever be able to switch off how fucking ridiculous it will look if I ever see the words "Dolph Ziggler" on the cover of a Wrestlemania DVD. I thought it the first time I heard it, and I even like him as a wrestler now. But that name takes totally helps me forget that.

Also, "Chavo Guerrero".

Ricky The Dragon Steamboat is a queer one, cos it's a bit OTT - the 'dragon' part is almost superfluous - yet it works nonetheless. Notable that his real name is Richard Blood, which would be a cool as fuck wrestler name itself. Dick Blood lulz...

Joseph Curtis "Joe" Hennig

• Awards Moderator

There are loads of shit wrestler names that we just don't register as being silly because they're so established and we're so used to them.

Triple H is a pretty big offender. It sounds cool, but to the innocent ear, it could also be considered bloody stupid.

Yup he's a third generation wrestler, the son of 'Mr. Perfect' Curt Hennig.

Husky Harris is a pretty damn silly name.

Yup he's a third generation wrestler, the son of 'Mr. Perfect' Curt Hennig.

Husky Harris is a pretty damn silly name.

Agreed, I could never get away from thinking he was missing a surname. Like, Husky just happened to be what he was, rather than an actual name. Like "Fat Craig" or "Tubby Frank".

• Paid Members
Lucky Cannon. Two randomly put together words.

I dunno, I'm sure someone had an innuendo in mind when they formed that one, much like "Palmer Cannon".

But yeah, it's a ridiculous name.

Husky Harris is pretty awful, but to be honest Dolph Ziggler doesn't really bother me. At one stage I thought it was as bad as it got, but either it now looks good in comparison to some of the other names, or I've just gotten used to it. I don't know.

For some reason I really hate the name Daniel Bryan.

Archived