Wrestler names that are shit

Wendell Cooley

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I remember him being called just Paul Wight for a while, maybe i got it wrong. On his debut JR definately says something like "bah gawd its the giant, its paul wight" or words to that effect.

It was cole, and I do recall him saying something along the lines of "King, King that.....that's Paul Wight"

Ohh and Bubba Poon.

Was watching an old UWF show yday and there was a guy called Sandy Beach!

Sunny Beach and WILD THING STEVE RAY, the team of Wet N Wild!

Shittest name that comes to my mind is Chris Daniels. It's too generic. Sounds like a bloke you know.

It is a bloke I know!

To the topic in question:

Big Boss Man.

I loved him when Iwas a kid but always thought it was a crap name.

• Paid Members

I agree with Gunner, it's a very jobber-ish name. Maybe if they gave him a first name, or used it as a nickname (like "The Heartbreak Kid, Shawn Michaels") it might work.

There're some great names in FCW though, just a taster:

* Big E Langston

* Briley Pierce

* Damien Sandow

* Donny Marlow

* Kenneth Cameron

* Leakee

* Mack Hetfield

* Seth Rollins (Tyler Black)

"Above Average Mike Saunders"

sanders3.jpg

Why in the world would you pay to see a guy who's above average? If I saw a guy who was billed as "Mr.Perfect" I would take one look at him and know why he was called that, the same with "Mike Awesome", "Crippler Chris Benoit", "The Ultimate Warrior", but If I see a guy billed as "Rather lame Bobby Thame" I know not to get to excited when I see him wrestle.

Lance Steel / Shane Storm - genuine & shit tag-team name. Most anything that includes; Storm, Thunder (apart from Liger) & names of that ilk. Pretty much any 'Dragon', apart from Ultimo & all the shitarse "Aces".

Whilst I agree that Shane Storm is abit "Super-Indy" and didn't really fit the character (Stigma is much better), Lance Steel suited the comedic, time traveling, medieval knight pretty well.

Admittedly if you take away the main characteristics then it is up there with all the other Indy-Lances in the shitty stakes.

Whilst I'm here, wasn't there a flippy one called xxOMGxx or something like that? I think that is exceptionally shit.

• Awards Moderator
but If I see a guy billed as "Rather lame Bobby Thame" I know not to get to excited when I see him wrestle.

Love it. I know he doesn't exist, but he needs to, and to form an Apathy Squad along with "Tepid" Tom Johnson, The Not That Bad Khali and Johnny "Why Bother" Lother. They'd be a revolving faction, with members getting kicked out as soon as they start to get a reaction from the crowd.

They'd make sod all money but everyone else would look like stars in comparison.

Archived