Wrestler names that are shit

Wendell Cooley

Junkyard Dog and Bam Bam Bigelow might be two of the finest names in the history of wrestling. I dont see how they are stupid. They are pro wrestlers, not contestants on the Apprentice.

If naming a grown man after your average animal (and his full name rather than just a nickname) isn't stupid then The Red Rooster would also be a great name. Neither "dog" nor "rooster" comes across as something that can be taken as seriously as say "The Black Scorpion", or "The Viper" which both carry an heir of menace.

"Bam Bam" sounds like something a two year old would come up with, hence why I don't rate it as intelligent. I maybe could've accepted it if it had been used for someone with a comedy caveman gimmick who carried a club, wrestled in furs and grunted in interviews.

Other crap names -

Mabel = sounds like someone's Aunty.

2 Cold Scorpio = wtf?

Carlito Caribbean Cruise= at least that got shortened pretty quickly.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
Carlito Caribbean Cruise= at least that got shortened pretty quickly.

It was Cool, not Cruise. Also 2 Cold was an awesome name. He was super cool you see, hence he was Too Cold.

It was Cool, not Cruise. Also 2 Cold was an awesome name. He was super cool you see, hence he was Too Cold.

Was it Cool? Ah then I stand corrected.

Super cool? Too Cold? I'm obviously just not down with the kids :)

• Paid Members
If naming a grown man after your average animal (and his full name rather than just a nickname) isn't stupid then The Red Rooster would also be a great name.

JYD doesnt refer to a shih tzu though.

A junkyard dog is some tough fucking beast you keep tied up in your scrapheap to tear up anyone thats stupid enough to climb over the fence to nick your cooper wire. "He was tough as a Junkyard Dog". Its an awesome name, one of my favourites ever. The guy was absolutely beloved too, so the Red Rooster comparison doesnt work.

• Paid Members
I'm with Butch on this one, 2 Cold was and is a fucking awesome name. And I'm saying that as a strangle victim of his...

n713075396_6563100_3859515.jpg

By the look on 2 Colds face, you used the old finger up the bum trick to release your head from his mighty grip. Does it work on wrestlers?

Archived