Wrestler names that are shit

Wendell Cooley

As others have said the first that came into my head was 'Dolph Ziggler' absoloutely awful name!

Some others:

Al Snow

Road Dogg

Brie Bella (MMM Cheese)

The Miz

Suicide (Just sounds wrong)

Beaver Cleavage

Pete Gas (I always thought of him as being gassy)

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Road Dogg

I'm not having that. The Road Dogg is a class name. It was a nickname for Roadies back in the day. It fit him well, considering he used to be the Roadie. If you go back and watch WrestleMania XI, Jeff Jarrett actually refers to him as The Road Dogg. Anyway, it was a nickname. He was the Road Dogg Jesse James, which might be the greatest sounding name in the history of the world.

• Paid Members
You should KNOW not to take me that seriously by now, Carbomb.

There are some rare gems like Johnny Moss, SJK, Hard Andy, or a Kongo Kev, but there is a ridiculous amount of awful ones that outweigh them. On seemingly every British card, even the better ones, there's always names that make me feel sorry for the wrestler, even though it was probably them that chose it.

I'm not sure how anyone could say their name is "Val Kabious" and manage to keep a straight face.

Ah, yeah, true. I do forget sometimes.

Worst name in the UK, in my opinion, is AJ Mysterio. Worst name in wrestling anywhere, really. No comment on his abilities, as I've never seen him wrestle, but that's just piss-poor.

• Paid Members
The name on it's own "Christian" doesn't exactly scream World Heavyweight Champion does it?

Neither did Jack Swagger but he still won it

Jack Swagger totally works though. More than Christian anyway.

• Paid Members
How about Test? I've never understood the meaning behind that one.

When he debuted his gimmick was that he used to be a roadie for Motley Crue, and roadies often help with sounchecks and do mic tests. So presumably the band were meant to have given him that nickname. It's also why his theme song had the woman at the beginning doing a mic test.

• Paid Members

When he debuted his gimmick was that he used to be a roadie for Motley Crue, and roadies often help with sounchecks and do mic tests. So presumably the band were meant to have given him that nickname. It's also why his theme song had the woman at the beginning doing a mic test.

I always heard it was a reference to Testosterone.

• Paid Members

I've heard that too, I just think the other explanation makes more sense, though given his juice levels I can see a case for both.

Jim Ross has said it was the roadie thing as well, though the last time he was quoted as saying that is when reporting Test's death, so some people reckon he was doing it to deflect attention from the other possible nickname origin.

wasnt Tests gimmick that he was the Bodyguard for Motley Crew.

Archived