Wrestler names that are shit

Wendell Cooley

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Always really hated Brutus Magnus. Shit name shit gimmick.

Isn't he now just Magnus? I remember them taking the Brutus name away from him a while back.

Yeah but the names you gave inspired that they were tough guys "Hardboiled" like a solid tough egg or "Killer"

"Husky" makes him sound like a heavy breather who makes dodgy phone calls

Probably right.

To me though, the interpretation of his name represents someone who sounds like they wrestle bears in the morning for a laugh. And then drinks and smokes till they sleep.

After talking about Here Comes The Pain and our CAW

I hate it when wrestlers only have one name, and when I say name I mean an actual name like Daniels. There's loads of them these days. Magnus, Gunner, Crimson are all shit names.

Also, most of the FCW names that are just thrown together with no rhyme or reason. Dean Ambrose and Damien Sandow are a few examples.

Oh, and Lucky fucking Cannon.

To be fair, a lot of shit names haven't held back wrestlers if they've got the talent, I'd say Rob Van Dam is a good example

I used to show my non-wrestling fan mate videos occasionally if I thought it'd be interesting to a non-fan, I showed him the Van Terminator from Heatwave 2000 and he thought it was a cool looking move, He asked me the name of the wrestler and as soon as I told him he rolled his eyes, I suppose him being called Van Dam sounds like some small time bloke wrestling at the local community centre

So the point is that if a wrestler is good enough he can transcend a shite name, RVD and I'd say Dolph Ziggler is on his way

That being said, if you'd called The Rock "Braden Walker" then he would've bombed so maybe I'm completely wrong

Archived