Wrestler names that are shit

Wendell Cooley

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Dont WWE do the random name from google policy? I know TNA came up with Desmond Wolfe's name because Russo typed in "British names" in google and those were popular ones. I'm hoping it was because of the Channel 4 series Desmonds and Wolfe from the Gladiators.

I'm pretty sure the name "Desmond Wolfe" comes from the film "Withnail & I". There's a scene where Richard E. Grant's character, Withnail, says to his friend: "What do you think of 'Desmond Wolfe'? I'm thinking of changing my stage name."

• Paid Members

Des said this about his name: "Everyone is asking me where I got the name from - someone said Withnail and I - but Vince said he did an internet search of the most popular British names and came up with Desmond Wolfe!". He might have clicked on a Richard E Grant fansite of IMDB's quotes section though.

• Paid Members
Des said this about his name: "Everyone is asking me where I got the name from - someone said Withnail and I - but Vince said he did an internet search of the most popular British names and came up with Desmond Wolfe!". He might have clicked on a Richard E Grant fansite of IMDB's quotes section though.

I remember him saying that, but I dunno - it just strikes me as too much of a coincidence for it not to have come from there.

• Paid Members

I don't see what's wrong with "Crimson". Sure, it's a little indy, but it's a helluva lot better than "Little Red". Couldn't call him "Scarlet", for obvious reasons - though would've been cool if they'd used that as a surname for him, like Will Scarlet from Robin Hood.

Marcus Cor Von= plain shit.

Moon Dog Rex = stupid

The Junkyard Dog = even more stupid

Homicide = bad taste

The Gobbledegooker = retarded

Bam Bam Biggelow = makes him sound like a child from The Flintstones

Junkyard Dog and Bam Bam Bigelow might be two of the finest names in the history of wrestling. I dont see how they are stupid. They are pro wrestlers, not contestants on the Apprentice.

I think JYD would be better as a nickname though rather than his actual wrestling name. When I first heard it I thought it was pretty comical. Something like Norman

Archived