WWE Money In The Bank 2011

Cobra1000

Just watched the main event again and the punch that Cena give to Ace is mint i thought he had connected then on Raw he had a fuck off bruise on the side of his face

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I've actually watched it more times than the miz mix and I actually think it's better. IT really gets over "Do I have everybody's attention now" as a phrase and puts a real rebellious feel to the whole thing

Was very Tyler Durden, and done to goosebump inducing perfection.

Best WWE show I've seen in a long time, and the most excited I've been since I was a teenage little Branquey, pre fullblown Attitude era.

Very excited to be a fan at the moment, and between Orton's star jump and nearly stealing the show by his going crackers, he's climbing up the ladder as a 'must see each week' for me...

Both MITB matches were very enjoyable for me. It was fast, exciting, brutal and sometimes overwhelming at the frequency of the spots (of 1999/2000 standard). It really felt like a different company and for once they felt special. All the Raw guys in the ring did dives to the outside. When Bryan took the belt my jaw hit the floor, it was a memorable moment. It's as if Triple H has suddenly allowed to talent the freedom to show off. I loved both MITB matches and the main event.

WWE may have finally turned the corner.

Both MITB matches were very enjoyable for me. It was fast, exciting, brutal and sometimes overwhelming at the frequency of the spots (of 1999/2000 standard). It really felt like a different company and for once they felt special.

The Smackdown one kinda fell away after the Powerbomb I reckon. Before that, it was much like the Mania 21 version of the match with the free flowing spots, and it was done at an alarming pace as you mentioned and Sin Cara looked like a star before Sheamus wiped him out. I thought it took a long time for the match to recover from the slump after that spot and it did eventually recover.

The RAW one was just madness though. Even the Ladder and TLC matches from 99-01 had a sense of order to them, but the RAW MitB felt like pure chaos. That's why even the botches worked in the context of the match.

It's a shame that those two matches, and to a lesser extend Christian/Orton will be forgotten because of the class act that was the main event. Because those matches deserve to be talked about.

• Paid Members

I'm not surprised by how good WWE's videos are right now. If you weren't convinced by the Rock/Austin WM17 build-up, you should've been by the Michaels/Taker II one. And if you weren't convinced by that, I would question why you watch any wrestling at all, no matter what the style.

• Paid Members

It was a great match, with a big atmosphere but really five stars? Shawn Michaels hasnt had a five star match since 1997 has he? I'm confused how these star ratings work out these days. Not taking anything any from the match on Sunday, but if thats five stars, surely Michaels vs Undertaker or HHH/Benoit/Michaels are five stars as well. Or the Beer Money MCMG's Best of Five Final. Or Masters vs Drew :)

• Paid Members
For those who make a big deal of these things, Meltzer dropped the ***** bomb on the main event.

No fucking way! Good, he is capable of enjoying WWE then. That's the first time he's done that for a WWE match since...Bad Blood 97?

Not taking anything any from the match on Sunday, but if thats five stars, surely Michaels vs Undertaker or HHH/Benoit/Michaels are five stars as well.

I would give Cena/Punk five stars, easily one of the best matches I've seen. But yes, the Mania 20 triple threat and Taker/HBK should also have five stars- Meltzer does have angst with the WWE, doesn't he. Perhaps he gave this five stars because Punk was in it? He's given a Punk match five stars before.

• Paid Members

I vaguely remember reading somewhere that Meltzer doesn't just take the match itself into account but also the atmosphere, the build-up and all the stuff going into the match as well.

I vaguely remember reading somewhere that Meltzer doesn't just take the match itself into account but also the atmosphere, the build-up and all the stuff going into the match as well.

Which, in my opinion, if your going to rate a match, is spot on.

A match that just has "Work rate!!!" but none of the above, is pretty shit to be honest.

• Paid Members
Just watched the main event again and the punch that Cena give to Ace is mint i thought he had connected then on Raw he had a fuck off bruise on the side of his face

It really was a spectacular smack in the face. You could tell Cena didn't hold anything back at all. I bet the roster watching in the back were laughing their asses off.

• Paid Members
Well, Hulk and Andre is five stars then. By the logic Meltzer is using, Hulk and Andre should be 11 stars. Also, Rock and Austin must be 5 stars as well. If build up, atmosphere and ability to work the crowd goes above workrate!~ then those two are better than Kobashi vs Joe or Do Fixer against the Blood Generation. And what stars would you give Savage and Warrior if it was based about that? A full five from where I'm sitting. Its such a hypocritical ratings process.

Archived