WWE Money In The Bank 2011

Cobra1000

I think most people have summed it up pretty well. The Cena/Punk match was really enjoyable. Someone had pointed out that there were a few botched spots but the amazing build,atmosphere and payoff more than made up for it. Everyone involved in this angle should be extremely proud of the work thats been put in and i hope they manage to keep it up.

WWE really seem to have hit a new stride recently, not just with Punk/Cena. They're really giving guys a chance to step up and show what they can do.

Mark henry looks like a total killer

Daniel Bryan has a guaranteed World title shot

Christian and Orton are having an amazing feud.

Really enjoying WWE at the minute.

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I loved it personally. Orton going batshit insane was probably the second best thing on the show.

Was I the only one who noticed him spank the guard-rail? He went crazy, kicked and punched the announce desk and chairs but then randomly gave the faintest slap to the side of the guard-rail.

Orton turned the crowd. They didnt like him, then he went full on spastic and they loved him. Even the tongue out was amusing in a "he's batty this lad" type of way. He was great I thought. More mental Orton would be good.

That might be my favourite non-Punk involving segment of 2011 so far actually. When I seen that face I just thought "fuck me, that man is mental."

• Paid Members
Apologies if it's already been discussed, but watching it back just now, that hype video before the main event is absolutely amazing. Maybe even better than their Miz video at Wrestlemania.

I've actually watched it more times than the miz mix and I actually think it's better. IT really gets over "Do I have everybody's attention now" as a phrase and puts a real rebellious feel to the whole thing

• Paid Members

WWE seem to have realised how awesome their videos are with how many they're showing on TV at the moment. They really do wonders for whoever is featured in them.

• Paid Members

Re: the video packages, I was thinking how great they were too. The main event, Christian/Orton, the MITB package (showing previous moments) were all great, and the Mark Henry/Big Show one was superb. The video packages were so good, it took me back to 1999/2000, the heyday of WWE's video packages. Their music choice for those packages back then was fantastic.

Regarding the latest Punk shirt which was available for M.I.T.B only. Do people envisage the company actually making more of these shirts for sale. Surely the money they could potentially make would make obvious business sense. As for the comments of $300+ on ebay. I like CM Punk, but not that much to want me to part with my money at that cost.

You know a show is good when the internet is pretty much unanimously praising it. I haven't seen a bad or even it was good review, everyone seems to be gushing about it and rightly so.

I think this tweet from JR sums my thoughts up well...

When a PPV delivers, especially the main event, & then the show goes off the air w/ more questions than answers I'd say that's a good nite.

Add to this an excellent build that makes you care and interested in the direction of the story and a red hot crowd (which can at times make a good match great) it's almost perfect as an overall package. I wouldn't expect stuff like this all time, because it's just not realistic but certainly is a huge, huge difference from the general 'meh' i'd had from Mania onwards and would hope it doesn't go that bad too often.

Both MITB's were awesome, crazy stuff in both and both were different too. Smackdown's was well paced and had some hard hitting stuff (chuffed with D.Bryan winning, interesting to see where that goes) and Raw's was more of a chaotic high-spot filled match. Henry/Show was really well done and had a couple of brilliant big man moments, told a good story and built Henry fantastically. Orton/Christian will be better with a re-watch having seen it a lot recently but it was very good and it was actually refreshing that the DQ stipulaton was followed through with as I can't recall that happening in recent times, because it was done well the title changing hands on a DQ was fine for me. Post match stuff was great too.

Main event was superb. Unbeliavble reactions to both, great match overall and shocking, well done and logical finish. It can't be completely logical but most of the 'Wouldn't Vince just...' scenarios were played out and dealt with. It really made you think 'what the fuck is going to happen now?' Unbelievable that Punk kicked out of two AA's and Cena didn't kick out of of a GTS (despite getting out the vice). That's some faith right there.

So yeah a fantastic PPV that will certainly be 'one of those' that's get mentioned for years to come. If I take the PPV on it's own and compare it to other from the last five years or so it's certainly near the top and would be one i'd mention but I don't think it would stand above some. Hell even one as recent as TLC 2010 I absolutely loved. However it was certainly 'special' and had a different feel to others which is something that does make it stand out in that sense, if that makes sense :laugh:

Archived