WWE Money In The Bank 2011

Cobra1000

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

* I've seen the Smackdown MitB get a LOT of praise. Up untill the Powerbomb spot, I thought that it WAS building up to be potentially the best match of it's type, but after it, it seemed to slow down to a crawl almost. They managed to get the momentum back before the end. Sin Cara looked the best he's ever looked for me. So yeah, it was some fun stuff and a pleasant surprise as the win too.

* Kelly Kelly is probably the only one of the divas I can stand now that Lay-Cool aren't teaming. The fire she brought to the match was the only redeemable factor here.

* Mark Henry vs. The Big Show was decent enough. They actually plotted out a decent wee story and played it out well. It also done a great job of making Mark Henry look like an absolute monster. Be interesting to see where he goes from here, especially now that Randy Orton has lost the belt.

* The Christian/Orton match wasn't quite as good as their Over the Limit match. They did put together a cracker though. The reversals and all of that after the first Unprettier attempt was great fun. Also loved the post-match stuff.

* There's no way Cena/Punk isn't going to be the 2011 Match of the Year, is there? It's been said that it's Punk's best ever match, and it is, but it's also Cena's best ever if you ask me. Everything about it was amazing. CM Punk came away from it looking absolutely invincible when he survived every big weapon that Cena had, more than once. John Cena looked brilliant, giving CM Punk the beasting of a lifetime and then punching Johnny Ace a cracker. It built and built and fed off of the fans.

I absolutely LOVED this PPV!

EDIT: Forgot to mention the RAW MITB, which I loved every second of. Even the botches helped to add to the madness.

I'm curious as to why you may think this?

No not because he took a punch. But with all the rumours circulating about his failures within wwe, I thought it could spell the end of him as he was put on tv only for McMahon and Cena to deck him. A storyline end to something in real life...

• Paid Members
No not because he took a punch. But with all the rumours circulating about his failures within wwe, I thought it could spell the end of him as he was put on tv only for McMahon and Cena to deck him. A storyline end to something in real life...

Or maybe those "rumours" were just that and the basis of those rumours was only put out because they panned to involve Johnny Ace in the storyline. He only just got promoted a few months ago.

• Paid Members
My little brother who's not exactly a wrestling fan was going nuts at how 'that wee mexican cunt is DEED!'...I'm guessing Sin Cara probably knew he was out for 30 days so could take a harder bump than normal, knowing he's not going to be working in the next day or two.

Don

• Paid Members
http://cgi.ebay.com/WWE-CM-Punk-shirt-Chic...#ht_1638wt_1139

They sold out within an hour. Yours for just $300 USD, gotta say it's actually a snazzy looking t-shirt.

That's a fucking ace shirt. I've always liked the Four Stars motif, even before I knew it was Chicago's banner, and I've been saying for months now that, if it emerges that there is such thing as a magic genie, I'm going to wish to go back in time knowing everything I know now, shove myself through the gym and wrestling training, become a wrestler nicking Randy Orton's "Greco" pose before he's debuted it, and, most importantly, steal the New Nexus Lightning Hand design for my merchandise.

Put those two together and you have an awesome design like on that t-shirt up there.

Obviously an amazing PPV and I can't add any more hyperbole to how great the main event was. Chuffed to bits for Daniel Bryan as well, he deserved it and it actually seemed like a really special moment.

Just a small note: did anyone else think Sheamus landing on the ladder looked more painful than what happened to Sin Cara? Sin Cara's ladder was obviously gimmicked, whereas Sheamus just took a big old fashioned back bump onto one of the metal ladders. He bounced right up and I winced.

• Paid Members

Not sure why everyone is saying Daniel Bryan deserved the win last night. He's a charismaless mid carder in WWE. No matter how good he was in the indies, he has no noticable star quality in WWE, except for people who loved him in ROH, etc. Even in The Nexus he was the lamest looking one, and that group had Heath Slater and Darren Young in it.

Archived