The Championship and Lower Leagues Thread 2011/2

patiirc

0-0 today

Happy with that. being a bit more assured at the back is a good thing. It cant all be down to James being replaced however one BCFC forum still thinks that Gerken is a liability, obsessing that Steven Henderson who is only 18 months ish younger than Gerken is the future and that we were stupid to let him go, despite him not signing a new contract and pissing off to Pompey

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Barry Hearn has blasted West Ham on SSN, 'A declining going on small football club who can't fill their ground anymore', and a judicial review is going ahead with regards to the Olympic Stadium, the deal offered by Boris would stuff Leyton Orient financially.

0-1 loss at home to Swindon, in a local derby which has become less important over the years due to the gap in leagues between the two clubs

However for a cup game, we were by all accounts frankly shit and a score line much higher wouldnt have flattered Swindon who are floundering in the league

The telling stats are that we havent scored at home since last season, and Played 5, Scored 3 (all Maynard) Conceded 8. We are sooooo fucked it is untrue at present.

Donny away on Saturday. They havent won all season and have signed Milan Lalkovic on loan from Chelsea. Im not expecting good things to be honest

Question for supporters of small football league clubs: can you buy your team's shirt in your local High Street sports shops?

I ask because at Scunthorpe, all merchandise (strip, training gear, etc) is only available from the club shop at the ground which is on the outskirts of town.

In the town centre we have JJB Sports, JD Sports, Sports World, and a couple of local sports shops - none of whom sell club merchandise.

I would have thought they sell a shitload more shirts at least if people out shopping see one in JJB's window.

Does this happen elsewhere?

• Paid Members
Question for supporters of small football league clubs: can you buy your team's shirt in your local High Street sports shops?

I ask because at Scunthorpe, all merchandise (strip, training gear, etc) is only available from the club shop at the ground which is on the outskirts of town.

In the town centre we have JJB Sports, JD Sports, Sports World, and a couple of local sports shops - none of whom sell club merchandise.

I would have thought they sell a shitload more shirts at least if people out shopping see one in JJB's window.

The few deals we had with other shops hadn't lasted long; the latest one was hosted in a shop in a prime central arcade here. The shop folded about three months later.

Can't get Cardiff gear in any of the major chains here, only the Cardiff club shop.

So is Steve McClaren a good manager or not? Decent at Middlesborough, horrible for England, excellent at Twente, poor at Wolfsburg and has made a dire start at Forest.

When SMac was in charge of Middlesbrough it took him about 6 months to stamp his impression on the team. In his first six games in charge we lost five of them. Steve Gibson stuck by him and eventually we started to get results. If Forest give him time to build a squad they will get promotion next season, but the way they treat Billy Davies he will be lucky to make it to xmas.

• Paid Members
So is Steve McClaren a good manager or not? Decent at Middlesborough, horrible for England, excellent at Twente, poor at Wolfsburg and has made a dire start at Forest.

Managers need time, but unfortunately in this modern era, fans are calling for his head already.

Archived