The Championship and Lower Leagues Thread 2011/2

patiirc

• Awards Moderator

Well what the hell went on at Selhurst tonight I don't know, but we somehow won that. I've been working late so not sure of the full details, but we appear to have been 1-0 down going in to injury time, scored, then scored again. Looking at the SSN live feed, there was probably a fair bit of injury time. That doesn't usually happen to us, it happens against us. Unlucky Coventry; I know the fans on here haven't been too optimistic going in to the season so that can't have helped.

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Leeds away tonight. Can't wait. Easily the most attractive game on our fixture list. I'm quite hopeful. Our away form is incredible, 1 defeat in 19. Plus Leeds looked average before they lost Howson and Gradel through suspension. Leeds fans can take solace from the fact that Hull City will ALWAYS let you down. Absolute guaranteed.

;)

Wheels well and truly off at ours

James to be dropped tomorrow vs Leicester and Cisse and Pitman handed in transfer requests according to the ITK's Rumours that Dave Jones has been lined up to be our next boss

Most of our defence is injured again, for the 2nd season in a row its injurytastic Carey, Stewart et al

Expecting another trashing :(

• Paid Members
Wheels well and truly off at ours

James to be dropped tomorrow vs Leicester and Cisse and Pitman handed in transfer requests according to the ITK's Rumours that Dave Jones has been lined up to be our next boss

Most of our defence is injured again, for the 2nd season in a row its injurytastic Carey, Stewart et al

Expecting another trashing :(

Already? Blimey.

Already? Blimey.

Yup, as much as Im not Keith Millen's biggest fan, Id rather have Billy Davies ( despite him being not the most likeable fellow in the world) than Dave Jones as manager, if we are going to make a change

Given who we were meant to be scouting as a replacement for one or both our departing strikers this evening. Its safe to say that the current management/board have completely lost it. The Striker is close to 30, plays for on of our rivals, has no resale value whatsoever and completely flies in the face of what the club said it was trying to do mere weeks ago

• Paid Members
Yup, as much as Im not Keith Millen's biggest fan, Id rather have Billy Davies ( despite him being not the most likeable fellow in the world) than Dave Jones as manager, if we are going to make a change

Given who we were meant to be scouting as a replacement for one or both our departing strikers this evening. Its safe to say that the current management/board have completely lost it. The Striker is close to 30, plays for on of our rivals, has no resale value whatsoever and completely flies in the face of what the club said it was trying to do mere weeks ago

Couldn't just say who it was like? Why the code

Couldn't just say who it was like? Why the code

Im not sure how open the info for the scouting trip is as is coming from a mod forum on a BCFC site and if its in there its usually there to give a heads up, more than anything.

So dont want to put it in case its to sort out leaks and stuff, hence the code.

You can't go wrong with Dave Jones, he did all he could at Cardiff but he will be a top quality manager for you, will guarantee you Championship safety and will bring in some nice new recruits on the cheap. I rate Jones very highly.

You can't go wrong with Dave Jones, he did all he could at Cardiff but he will be a top quality manager for you, will guarantee you Championship safety and will bring in some nice new recruits on the cheap. I rate Jones very highly.

Its not that I dont rate him tactically. It's that he brings with him a drinking culture, something that we had been trying to get rid of in the years following Danny Wilson and to a lesser extent before that. What with Brooker, Orr and Partridge being sent to Jail due to alcohol related shenanigans. Christian Roberts being an alcoholic and Leroy Lita reknowned for going on the lash. Darius Dziakanowski amongst many many others, including our current keeper (What is it with him and those rumours?) and reserve keeper ( got done for pissing up a wall whilst on the lash) if all things are to be believed. Id rather try and get away from it.

I appreciate Davies is no saint, but havent heard stories of drinking dens and what have you from his time at PNE.. Will stand corrected if there are any

• Paid Members
Its not that I dont rate him tactically. It's that he brings with him a drinking culture, something that we had been trying to get rid of in the years following Danny Wilson and to a lesser extent before that. What with Brooker, Orr and Partridge being sent to Jail due to alcohol related shenanigans. Christian Roberts being an alcoholic and Leroy Lita reknowned for going on the lash. Darius Dziakanowski amongst many many others, including our current keeper (What is it with him and those rumours?) and reserve keeper ( got done for pissing up a wall whilst on the lash) if all things are to be believed. Id rather try and get away from it.

I appreciate Davies is no saint, but havent heard stories of drinking dens and what have you from his time at PNE.. Will stand corrected if there are any

No worries bout the code just wondered, I haven't heard anything drink related about Davies, think sexual deviancy with his mate Tommy Sheridan is more his thing (allegedly) :laugh: alot of Forest fans had problems with him spending so much time in Scotland though. I think Jones would definately keep you up though, smart appointment he just took Cardiff as far as he could seemingly.

• Paid Members

We actually played quite well last night. Something like 15 corners and 18 shots on goal. Leeds also played well and they took their chances helped in no small part by some crap defending and our useless goalie.

To cap a shit 12 hours, I fell off my bike on the way to work (thanks to a broken pedal) and am now bruised, bleeding and feeling very sorry for myself!

I reckon Hull will get a result tonight.

Sorry Rick!

Another good result for Boro to make it four away wins in a row, by the sound of the radio commentary the early goal that we conceded made us angry and we blew Barnsley away in the first half. We have Birmingham on Sunday so hopefully they will still be leggy after their trip to Portugal. It has been a while since it has felt this good to be a Boro fan and long may it continue.

• Paid Members

4min of stoppage to go, 2-1 up. We're not turtling, Leicester are just mucking it up for us. The 200 people who went there should be proud.

Archived