The Championship and Lower Leagues Thread 2011/2

patiirc

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Admin

Coventry played well yesterday and matched Birmingham easily, but as with Leicester last week we lack a change of tempo & penetration at times, and a momentary lapse of concentration cost us. We have quite a young side and the older ones are re-learning how to play football from the ground up.

Andy Thorn is doing a great job with a threadbare squad and has not been able to buy a single outfield player.

Our owners SISU continue to slowly kill us as they desperately try to find a way to exit without losing any money, and yet anyone who has watched us so far this season will plainly see that Thorn has coached a ragtag bunch into a competent footballing side with ZERO resources and is missing an out and out striker. Without this we will go down, I am sure of this.

Hoping we dont get torn apart by Baadiff today.

Any result would be better than last seasons 4-0 battering.

As long as we play better than we have been doing and the team selection doesnt rely on the same old same old then that would be a start

If not, I cant see Millen lasting long this season, as we are going backwards

Hoping we dont get torn apart by Baadiff today.

Any result would be better than last seasons 4-0 battering.

As long as we play better than we have been doing and the team selection doesnt rely on the same old same old then that would be a start

If not, I cant see Millen lasting long this season, as we are going backwards

I'm going to the game today. I'm quietly confident we will win the game. I'm predicting a Rudy Gestede goal.

I'm going to the game today. I'm quietly confident we will win the game. I'm predicting a Rudy Gestede goal.

Smile on your face time then

We are a fucking disgrace

Millen firmly Out

3-0 and cruising.... PAH

Smile on your face time then

We are a fucking disgrace

Millen firmly Out

3-0 and cruising.... PAH

Not going to rub it in at all but you guys played pretty poor, the team showed no life what so ever and even when you scored it was because Cardiff were caught napping. Millen said on Sky Sports that he was pleased that Bristol showed some fight but to be honest I didn't see it at all. Normally a match which is a good even derby turned into a slaying very early with even our fans forgetting it was a derby and with Swansea now in the Prem our rivalry with you is our main one.

Craig Conway for Cardiff was outstanding.

• Paid Members

Leeds away tonight. Can't wait. Easily the most attractive game on our fixture list. I'm quite hopeful. Our away form is incredible, 1 defeat in 19. Plus Leeds looked average before they lost Howson and Gradel through suspension. Leeds fans can take solace from the fact that Hull City will ALWAYS let you down. Absolute guaranteed.

Leeds away tonight. Can't wait. Easily the most attractive game on our fixture list. I'm quite hopeful. Our away form is incredible, 1 defeat in 19. Plus Leeds looked average before they lost Howson and Gradel through suspension. Leeds fans can take solace from the fact that Hull City will ALWAYS let you down. Absolute guaranteed.

I reckon Hull will get a result tonight, Leeds were very poor at the weekend and the fans are already on the back of Bates which could transcend on to the pitch. Hopefully you will have a better referee than we did on Saturday as Mr Taylor had a shocker. There was a total of 10 yellow cards and 3 red cards, and it was not a dirty game. If it was a sensible ref there might have been three yellow cards maximum.

We are off to Barnsley tonight which is normally a happy hunting ground for Boro. If we avoid defeat tonight we will have the incredible record of only 1 defeat in 15 league games which is a hell of a run in the Championship.

• Paid Members
I reckon Hull will get a result tonight, Leeds were very poor at the weekend and the fans are already on the back of Bates which could transcend on to the pitch. Hopefully you will have a better referee than we did on Saturday as Mr Taylor had a shocker. There was a total of 10 yellow cards and 3 red cards, and it was not a dirty game. If it was a sensible ref there might have been three yellow cards maximum.

Only saw a few highlights but the Boro sending off looked harsh and the Howsen one was ridiculous. Emnes tripped over his own feet, it wasn't a dive or a foul. Fortunately, you can't appeal yellow cards.

We are off to Barnsley tonight which is normally a happy hunting ground for Boro. If we avoid defeat tonight we will have the incredible record of only 1 defeat in 15 league games which is a hell of a run in the Championship.

That really is a brilliant run of form while poor old Barnsley still haven't scored this season. Home win it is then!

That really is a brilliant run of form while poor old Barnsley still haven't scored this season. Home win it is then!

It wouldn't surprise me, that would just be "Typical Boro!" However we are playing our best football for years and there is a positive belief in the team at the moment which I have not experienced since our run to the UEFA Cup final. And finally Project Emnes has started to perform who is banging them in for fun at the moment.

Archived