The Championship and Lower Leagues Thread 2011/2

patiirc

• Paid Members

Good news about Seaborne, it's not nice to see in the game at any level. We've actually been interested in taking him on a couple of times, first when we got relegated to League One (We snapped up Matthew Gill from Exeter around the same time) and I think Lambert went in for him prior to our Championship return. Best of luck with his recovery.

Re: The McClaren news earlier, he's staying put after their talks today. It seems pretty obvious both McClaren w/his staff and the Forest heirachy aren't as fond of each other now as they probably were prior to August. It'll be interesting to see how they both get on from here.

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Funnily enough if you report a mods post you automatically get suspended by the forum software. Pretty cool feature IMO.

So I can still report them for footballing reasons apart from a post? Excellent.

Maybe you could re-do this little shindig with The Miz for a contest with more intrigue, and maybe in a game where the team in question actually knew where to find the back of the net?

Fans Re-united - 24th September @ Home Park, Plymouth

I'm sure we're all aware of the plight of Argyle, and the amount of help they gave us (Brighton) in our (their) hour of need. I think it's time to repay that favour and declare their home game on the 24th September as FANS RE-UNITED DAY.

They are in real danger of them going into liquidation. This would then mean our friends down the road would no longer exist as a team. The knock on effect throughout the football pyramid would be immense (although certain teams will feel immune from it). Their players have taken a 60% paycut to ensure the team can survive for another few weeks. We, the fans of the sport, need to show solidarity with their team.

We need to rally the troops and take as many as possible down there to get behind Argyle. Take anything you can that will make a lot of noise down there. whistles, rattles, vuvuzelas, anything that's legal in a ground and will get heard. Let's make Home Park the noisest ground on the country for this day. If we (Brighton) could pull off a Fans United Day before the internet was a huge as it is now, can you imagine the potential now.

Wear your colours and show them how much support they have.

Please, if you're registered on a different football forum, copy this into their forum. We need to show the country how corrupt Risdale is.

Saturday 24th September is Fans re-united day @ Home Park

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Where the fuck did Middlesbrough come from?

"El Espanacas" falgged up their form a couple of times recently. Something like 1 loss in 18 Championship games now over the two seasons.

Went to Peterborough on Saturday. Not a great game but a typical Hull away performance, defended well and nicked a goal. Atmosphere in the away end was brilliant. Away form is 2 defeats in 21 by my reckoning. If we could play at home, we'd piss it!

If there was any doubt that Steve Evans is still a cunt, here's some comment after his Crawley side lost 6-0 to Morecambe:

"If you've got a young centre-back who can't defend, you're going to leak goals. But it's not about naming individuals. We were all a part of that.

Abysmal management.

Archived