The Championship and Lower Leagues Thread 2011/2

patiirc

• Awards Moderator

I was out last night so wasn't able to keep much track of the Palace game but I checked the score with about 15 minutes to go, at which point we were 1-0 down. To get home half an hour later and see that we'd scored 3 goals in the last ten minutes made me wonder what the missus had slipped in to my drink. Lovely stuff.

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to Brighton. Stadium is nice but somewhat underwhelming, though the acoustics are brilliant and my eardrums felt like they were rattling in the first half, such was the noise that Brighton generated. Brighton scored the first goal and had Palace on the rack for 15 minutes but that was it. Palace had one chance cleared off the line and another good one parried away before Zaha conjured up a mazy run and shot which leveled the score. Well deserved win for the Eagles in the end, eventhough it took such a long time.

• Paid Members

Went to Doncaster last night. We were awful. Game was there for the taking, we were 1-0 up and cruising but never built on it and got undone by a deep cross onto Big Jon Parkin's head. Was so frustrated driving home, it felt like a loss. Any side with top 6 aspirations would have swept them aside last night.

• Paid Members

I was at the Brighton vs Palace game last night too, we were awful bar the first 15-20 mins and you could see the Palace equaliser coming for most of the second half. I didn't expect us to imlode so badly after that though. The only slight defence for some of our players is that was the third game in 7 days so tiredness must have been a factor but not many of them had played the full 90 mins in all the games so it's not that much of a factor. Credit to Glenn Murray though for not celebrating his goal or the other 2 Palace goals despite the abuse he got for the 90 mins. The honeymoon period is well and truely over now. Need to bounce back against Ipswich and get a result before the international break.

• Paid Members
Only we can take a 2-0 lead where we are completely battering the opposition and then go on to lose 3-2 at home

Awe inspiring

Two men at the front gave us our best result this season so far. And one man at the back took it away.

Only we can take a 2-0 lead where we are completely battering the opposition and then go on to lose 3-2 at home

Awe inspiring

Two men at the front gave us our best result this season so far. And one man at the back took it away.

Do think its time for James to hang up his gloves? Or is there more to it than that

From what Ive read and gathered from people there we should have won 5-0 or so, and that the players were knackered come 70 mins and James was horrendous in the last 20.

Is there a case for Millen changing things up as things came untwined ( not putting taylor on the wing) but something else?

• Paid Members

Awe inspiring

Do think its time for James to hang up his gloves? Or is there more to it than that

From what Ive read and gathered from people there we should have won 5-0 or so, and that the players were knackered come 70 mins and James was horrendous in the last 20.

Is there a case for Millen changing things up as things came untwined ( not putting taylor on the wing) but something else?

With all the baffling changes Milly's known for, last night was when we needed at least two badly. And James should've been one of them, especially after the second drop. The hoo-haa of winning his spot back was annihilated with two dropped balls, and both McGiven and Albert were pissed as hell with him for it, especially as the latter worked his balls off for the whole game. Taylor should've replaced a non-existant JCR, and Marv was absoultely a non-factor until after our second goal. Maynard just can't figure out it's not all about him, and everyone else from the midfield upward was satisfactory or better. Louis was welcome back, Nyatanga and McGivern were OK but Wilson, while not being at fault for any of the goals, needs to improve. The four need to trust James a lot less or protect him a lot more, one of the two.

With all the baffling changes Milly's known for, last night was when we needed at least two badly. And James should've been one of them, especially after the second drop. The hoo-haa of winning his spot back was annihilated with two dropped balls, and both McGiven and Albert were pissed as hell with him for it, especially as the latter worked his balls off for the whole game. Taylor should've replaced a non-existant JCR, and Marv was absoultely a non-factor until after our second goal. Maynard just can't figure out it's not all about him, and everyone else from the midfield upward was satisfactory or better. Louis was welcome back, Nyatanga and McGivern were OK but Wilson, while not being at fault for any of the goals, needs to improve. The four need to trust James a lot less or protect him a lot more, one of the two.

Cheers for that dude.

Despite the doom and gloom on Otib, I sense that over the last few games we have been playing better and not being totally over run like we were at the start of the season. Are things starting to turn around and its just a final few tweaks that will seal the deal from losers to winners or is it properly time to chuck the manager out?

Id loved to have gone to Blackpool Sat, but cant afford it so could see with my own eyes what is going on at present

Our clusterfuck of a season continues unabated with rumour and counterclaim coming and going. The ITK's have again been at work, and again I cant post what they have said.

However, I can link to this thread on our official forum to show the levels of lunacy/conspiracy/truth that have been reached.

The mind well and truly boggles

Bit late with this one, but I went to watch the Smoggies the other night as my mate's a Leicester fan.

Good game actually, as far as midweek 0-0s go. Both teams played some really quality stuff, if at times a little bit meek and mild. They both seemed a bit too content to take a point each rather than take a point off each other, but I can see both sides still being up the top half by the end of the season. Standout performances from Schmeichel, (who made some quality saves and takes when they were under the cosh) Abe and Jeff Schlup, who came on for an injured Beckford early in the second half and totally made the difference for Leicester going forward. Thought Robson and Bennett were excellent for Boro too.

As I said, as far as goalless draws go, it was a tremendous advert for the league. Don't want Boro to go up mind, obviously.

I was at the Hull game, but only found out about the Reading debacle an hour ago due to travelling and my internet troubles. I was already starting to agree with the fans who were calling for Millen's head during the former match, and after the way it sounds the latter ended, I'm not surprised that they may be about to get their wish. Thank goodness for the Austrian third tier to take my mind off troubles down at the Gate.

• Paid Members
I was at the Hull game, but only found out about the Reading debacle an hour ago due to travelling and my internet troubles. I was already starting to agree with the fans who were calling for Millen's head during the former match, and after the way it sounds the latter ended, I'm not surprised that they may be about to get their wish. Thank goodness for the Austrian third tier to take my mind off troubles down at the Gate.

The funny thing is that on Tuesday it wasn't really down to Milly. As explained he could (and should) have subbed Calamity but that was the extent of his own ineptness. But the damage is done, sadly. Not even Tinnion got this amount of crap in 2005.

Archived