The Championship and Lower Leagues Thread 2011/2

patiirc

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got back from Cardiff/Brighton....Brighton played very well, dominated possession and rightfully deserved the win. Mackal Smith (or what ever his name is) is an absolute trooper, didn't stop running, fast as hell and capped off his great game with a goal. Top quality player, he will be in the Prem next year with or with out Brighton.

I think Cardiff's flukey win over West Ham and their domination to a poor Bristol gave me false confidence that we would be top 2 challengers this season, I'll be happy with a top 6 finish right now. I still love our style of player under Malky though, great manager.

EDIT: Turns out it wasn't Smith who scored but he was still world class.

• Paid Members

Jimmy Bullard sacked by Hull

http://www.hullcityafc.net/page/NewsDetail...2424467,00.html

I can confirm that the Club has given notice to terminate the contract of Jimmy Bullard. Mr Bullard has a right of appeal and it would be inappropriate to make any further comment at this time that might prejudice this process.

The Club will continue to focus on the development and performance of the squad going forward and is concentrated on efforts to deliver a positive season on and off the pitch for the Tigers.

We respect that there will be significant interest in this matter but will continue to act with professionalism and at all times in the best interests of the Club.

I know they had suspended him a few weeks ago so this isn't a complete shock.

Rick, any rumours what it could be for?

EDIT - FFS Rick!!!!!

• Paid Members

Rumour mill says he either missed training in Slovenia due to excessive clubbing and that he may have brought hookers into the team hotel. Or that he turned up at training in Hull straight from a London nightclub in no fit state to perform.

Heard a rumour that whatever it was annoyed Nigel Pearson so much that he had to be restrained from chinning him.

Real reason can't come out until the process has been completed.

• Paid Members

Ipswich have started pretty badly under Jewell this season, it must be incredibly frustrating for Marcus Evans? their chairman has hes backed all their recent managers quite well in the transfer market and on the field and hes had basically no return.

• Paid Members

Aside from the bright starts of the three promoted sides, you've also got to give some mad props to both Derby and Crystal Palace. Tipped by many people (myself included) to be strugglers again this year, they've really come out of the blocks flying.

• Awards Moderator
Aside from the bright starts of the three promoted sides, you've also got to give some mad props to both Derby and Crystal Palace. Tipped by many people (myself included) to be strugglers again this year, they've really come out of the blocks flying.

:D

Bit surprised by our start if I'm honest, but obviously I'll take it. We were lucky on Tuesday against Coventry but before the game I thought we should win, however before today's game given our away record I thought we had no chance. But we won. Sorry Rick!

Archived