The Championship and Lower Leagues Thread 2011/2

patiirc

• Paid Members

Forest were extremely lucky - need a striker badly, Ishmael Miller will hopefully do the job, if the Pies continue playing like that they'll come up, providing they don't fire Martin Allen after a bad run.

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We were dogshit. Still, no loss to be out of a competition that the FA deems worthy of holding while 6 players are on international duty!

The FA doesn't choose the dates for either the League Cup or the international friendlies. The former are set by the FL based on how they can work the later rounds around UEFA's dates for the CL and EL, while the FA's hands are tied by FIFA for the latter.

On topic, I was supposed to be at the Swindon tie last night by the riots have put those plans back another fortnight. :/ Just as well, would probably have another not particularly shocking so-called upset to add to all the other Championship sides who fell.

• Paid Members

Thought I'd post these. Stats being completely misleading. We were well beaten last night. Never looked like scoring and Macclesfield scored with their only forays into our box. Stats say:

Possession - Hull 64% Macclesfield 36%

Attempts on target - Hull 5 Macclesfield 2

Attempts off target - Hull 15 Macclesfield 1

Corners - Hull 10 Macclesfield 3

4 - 1 win for saints last night, all of the last seven goals coming from different scorers :), nice 8 wins in a row now as well. Chamberlain who?

I hear we played quite well against you though, which is encouraging. Fitness and difference in class won out in the end though, as you'd expect.

Bradford put in a great effort against Leeds last night, unlucky in the end. we ran out of gas and leeds little extra quality won it, but it could easily have gone the other way.

Mark Stewart and Jack Compton inparticular was very impressive, as was dave Syers before he went off hurt.

if we can transfer that form to the league we will be there or there abouts.

Thought I'd post these. Stats being completely misleading. We were well beaten last night. Never looked like scoring and Macclesfield scored with their only forays into our box. Stats say:

Possession - Hull 64% Macclesfield 36%

Attempts on target - Hull 5 Macclesfield 2

Attempts off target - Hull 15 Macclesfield 1

Corners - Hull 10 Macclesfield 3

On a related note:

Possession - Barnsley 53% Morecambe 47%

Attempts on Target - Barnsley 8 Morecambe 3

Attempts off target - Barnsley 7 Morecambe 5

Corners - Barnsley 8 Morecambe 2

I hate football sometimes.

Well, the Verhoek deal went tits up in spectacular fashion. We've signed Matt Derbyshire today though. I'll admit to not really knowing anything about him.

Rumours of Tommy Smith coming too. I'd jump at the chance to sign him. Excellent player at Championship level and rips us a new arse every time he plays against us.

Carling Cup second round draw:

Millwall v Morecambe

Blackburn v Sheff Wed

Bury v Leicester

West Ham/Aldershot v Carlisle

Bournemouth v West Brom

Crystal Palace/Crawley v Wigan

Peterborough v Middlesbrough

Aston Villa v Hereford

Bristol City/Swindon v Southampton

Exeter v Liverpool

Everton v Sheff Utd