Randy Savage Dies

Jambo

Shocking news, did not expect that at all, just came in from work a few hours ago and managed to get on the laptop now so I had no idea.

I was never really into wrestling up until the late 90s so never really have many memories of Savage in WWF but from all of the DVDs, videos, clips and so on I've seen involving Savage I must say he definetly deserved to be up there with the top guys. My first ever memory of WCW does involve him though, I remember back when I was younger in about 1999 and only really knowing WWF, I was flicking through some channels and saw WCW on Channel 5 and it had Savage in the ring doing a promo and I thought "Wow, WCW, I've heard one or two things about this and it seems quite good and this guy in the ring is quite charismatic and cool". Obviously over ten years later and seeing many of his matches and moments on DVDs, videos and clips I realise that my first impression of Savage was right.

RIP Macho Man.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently they played Pomp and Circumstance at tonight's Boston Red Sox game. Pretty cool.

Have loads of great memories of Randy Savage, from childhood Big Elbow-related injuries to my first wrestling shirt, back in the day.

Lucky to have seen him wrestle the one time, against HBK no less. As a kid, it was pure magic.

Gonna get together with a few friends hopefully on Wednesday and watch some of the classic matches and interviews.

A toast to the Macho Man! Oooooooh yeaaaaaah!

I echo the sentiments of everyone on here. A completely shit day. Second only to Hogan as a kid and now probably my all time second favourite wrestler ever. Never got to see the man wrestle live. One half of my favourite match ever (with Flair). Boo-urns indeed.

I thought this might be a nice link to post...

youtube link

It's the pre-show build-up to Wrestlemania 9 featuring Vince, Macho and Lawler sodding around and having fun in Vegas.

• Paid Members

Sad news, I'm sure he lived a great life though.

Absolutely in the top, top tier of all time greats.

I always thought Randy Savage was the best name ever too, has an amazing ring to it.

R.I.P Macho Man, there'll never be another like you.

• Paid Members

I could be alone here but I'm i the only person who gets mad here when the current WWE superstars don't even mention the passing of Randy on there Twitter?

Especially the Divas. Maybe i am going to far into this but surely Randy influenced the whole women thing with him and Liz?

Or maybe i am being old fashioned.

• Moderators
I could be alone here but I'm i the only person who gets mad here when the current WWE superstars don't even mention the passing of Randy on there Twitter?

Quite a few did.

• Paid Members

Heard the news off a mate tonight. I knew it was something bad cos my mate never watches wrestling and he went 'have you heard about Macho Man?'...I knew what was coming next :(

Savage was the man, it says a lot about how talented he was that he got such a push despite his size in 80s WWF.

RIP

Archived