Randy Savage Dies

Jambo

when i think savage i think mania 7 an absolute legend, nice tribute from the huckster, a 50 second video saw on facebook before

i cant wait to see if mr hellwig does a tribute as in all interviews ive seen with warrior he has nothing but praise for the macho man(and sherri)

rest in peace randy savage

re the hall of fame inductee i'd like to see lanny poffo and the warrior do that, obviously hogan/flair wont be there unless left tna, sherri and liz gone, maybe ted dibiase who had a great fued with him

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

He was the first guy to get me into wrestling, around the time of WM3. His title win at WM4 made him my favourite wrestler. This sucks more than any other wrestler who has died before him, IMO, except maybe Owen Hart because it was such a tragedy.

• Moderators
He was the first guy to get me into wrestling, around the time of WM3. His title win at WM4 made him my favourite wrestler. This sucks more than any other wrestler who has died before him, IMO, except maybe Owen Hart because it was such a tragedy.

You Pisstaker Herbie.

The entire roster should be brought out to respect a ten bell salute for Savage either at the PPV or on Raw. I'd also like Raw to be a tribute show to Savage. Maybe have the current roster share their favourite Savage memories or something. This has hit me harder than expected. I'm legit devastated by this news. One of the saddest losses in pro wrestling history. RIP Mach :(

• Paid Members

You Pisstaker Herbie.

:confused:

How so? My favourite wrestler just died - and I said it sucks for me more than any other wrestler who's died before - how is that taking the piss?

The entire roster should be brought out to respect a ten bell salute for Savage either at the PPV or on Raw. I'd also like Raw to be a tribute show to Savage. Maybe have the current roster share their favourite Savage memories or something.

No chance i'm affraid. Savage clearly wasn't in the good books of Vince, and coupled with that he hadn't been in the WWE since 1994. They will hopefully do a tribute video but that is as far as it will go I think.

No chance i'm affraid. Savage clearly wasn't in the good books of Vince, and coupled with that he hadn't been in the WWE since 1994. They will hopefully do a tribute video but that is as far as it will go I think.

Sadly, I think you're probably right and a tribute video is about as far as they'll go. I realise that Vince and Savage weren't on the best of terms. Such a shame because even if Savage has been gone since 1994, he was such a big part of WWE's history and success and he deserves both a tribute show and ten bell salute IMO.

• Paid Members

You Pisstaker Herbie.

How so? My favourite wrestler just died - and I said it sucks for me more than any other wrestler who's died before - how is that taking the piss?

I think it's the way in which you wrote your original post, suggesting that Owen's death was a tragedy but Savage's wasn't.

Without meaning to take the piss out of whoever it is that happens to be watching a wrestler in a match just before they die, I was thinking about the Wrestlemania III match on the way home yesterday, appreciating the great effort that went into it, then came on here to find this news. Will definitely be watching said match at some point this weekend.

Sleep well, Macho.

• Paid Members

You Pisstaker Herbie.

I think it's the way in which you wrote your original post, suggesting that Owen's death was a tragedy but Savage's wasn't.

Wow - okay - well I didn't mean it like that at all. I was just saying that out of all the wrestlers who have ever died, Savage makes me the saddest because he was my favourite growing up.

And I said that Owen's death is more of a tragedy than Randy's only because Owen was so young, half-way through his career, and he left behind a wife & kids.

• Paid Members

I might be the only one, but I found the Steamboat match to feel a little too like it was going through the motions, almost like well-rehearsed (admittedly flawlessly executed) ballet, and didn't get as much excitement/emotion as I'd like to get from something lauded as a "best match of all time?"

When I dig out his matches later to remind myself of his talent, I'll be watching the battles with Warrior, Ric Flair and DDP first. And Lar Parka, obviously.

Oh and minor point, anyone talking about how Savage didn't overstay his welcome and bowed out quietly/graciously, it might be worth remembering that this is the man who when washed up and barely mobile was originally penciled in to wrestle the main event of Final Resolution 2005, but then refused to do it unless he was booked to win the World title. Although that probably would have been more entertaining than Jarrett retaining and marching on with his latest seven year title reign.

I might be the only one, but I found the Steamboat match to feel a little too like it was going through the motions, almost like well-rehearsed (admittedly flawlessly executed) ballet, and didn't get as much excitement/emotion as I'd like to get from something lauded as a "best match of all time?"

That's because it was well rehearsed. Apparently Savage insisted on meticulously planning the match from start to finish.

Archived