Randy Savage Dies

Jambo

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Early in the thread somebody questioned whether Randy Savage is the biggest name in wrestling to die since Andre the Giant, but nobody really picked up on the point. I'd say that he probably is, and considering how many other high-profile wrestlers have died since that time, that statement really puts Savage's impact on the business into perspective. Savage was a true, real-life superhero and unquestionably one of the most iconic characters in the history of pro-wrestling. It is so sad that he never received the big farewell he deserved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcZyfAlfc0s...feature=related

It finally hit me during that video when he is looking at Elizabeth across the ring and then they hugged. For me that was a hug that was beyond wrestling and I'm not sure everyone was cheering just because he'd won a match. It's around the 36 second mark. :(

Early in the thread somebody questioned whether Randy Savage is the biggest name in wrestling to die since Andre the Giant, but nobody really picked up on the point. I'd say that he probably is, and considering how many other high-profile wrestlers have died since that time, that statement really puts Savage's impact on the business into perspective. Savage was a true, real-life superhero and unquestionably one of the most iconic characters in the history of pro-wrestling. It is so sad that he never received the big farewell he deserved.

Very well put. I noticed a comment from Dusty Rhodes on one of the mainstream media articles on the death and he said something along the lines of there being around half a dozen guys who's name reached beyond the world of wrestling and people knew who they were even if they didn't follow wrestling; Savage was one of that group.

I read that and it actually annoyed me. Dusty Rhodes has a very high opinion of himself. There's 6 guys in wrestling who non fans know...Flair, Savage, Hogan, Andre and himself! I doubt I'd be able to find a single non fan who has heard of Dusty Rhodes!

I read that and it actually annoyed me. Dusty Rhodes has a very high opinion of himself. There's 6 guys in wrestling who non fans know...Flair, Savage, Hogan, Andre and himself! I doubt I'd be able to find a single non fan who has heard of Dusty Rhodes!

I thought exactly the same thing when I saw the comments he'd made.

to anyone who found out yesterday about savage's death, has it begun to sink in yet for you? i say this as its been just over 24 hours and i still cant get my head round the idea that he's really gone. it just seems too surreal if you know what i mean?

Archived