Randy Savage Dies

Jambo

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn how shit is that! In a year when there seems to be less deaths than many years before, this is one that really hits home up there with the Mr Perfects and Eddie Guerreros of the wrestling world.

I can only repeat what many others have said. The guys charisma was fantastic, he had an awesome ability, and despite the OTT colourfulness he made me believe he was that mental in real life!

Some of my favorite moments of The Macho Man include:

- awesome match vs Steamboat at WM3

- vs Jake and his cobra

- matches against DDP in WCW

- his longrunning feud against Flair

One thing I didn't see Savage as though was a great good guy. I always thought the guy was phenomenal as a heel but could never quite warm to him as a face. That shows how good his feud with Jake was because you really felt for Randy. I do believe that his style was a marmite (with the jerky moves and jabby punches) but I thought his strengths laid within his promo ability,

Ill always remember Savage as a guy that was a perfectionist. He semed to take a lot of pride in the matches he had. I always thought that it was unfair that he got outshone by the muscular Warrior and Charismatic Hogan because the guy had it all. I respected Savage for the fact he bowed out of wrestling quietly and seemed to not hang around (unlike flair)

Another icon from my youth passing when still young. What a shame as he seemed to have had a happy and successful life following his retirement.

The image posted by iamtheman is beautiful.

Rest in peace Randy Savage

Shuggy

Having heard the news pretty much on announcement, I still at this moment in time cannot get the image of Savage out of my mind.

To all people who have passed who I have invested time in, I try to avoid these things because I don't want to portray a bandwagon jump (I honestly aren't insinuating anything here), but this was THE man who got me into wrestling. I have never been a massive Hogan mark, and this thread isn't about him in any way at all so i'll deviate away now, but Savage was the original superstar I wanted to be as a young 'un. So naturally couldn't pass up the opportunity. Macho Man, you sir should have been HoF bound years ago. No greater superstar currently excluded (imo).

RIP Randy Savage. :-(

On another note... I really can't see next years HoF including Savage. Purely because I would think both Rock and Edge are gonna be the headline inductions. And due respect to all three, they deserve singular headline induction status and not distributed between three people. I know Savages death somewhat negates him taking on the overall top spot due to the 'feel good, go home stories' factor that wouldn't really work with a relative doing the honours but does nobody else see it as a bit top heavy?

Bare in mind, there are only so many more genuine headline acts that could gain the company the recognition and response they crave for their first stop on WrestleMania weekend, would they not be blowing their load?

As a side, I think it'd be scandalous to leave Edge or Savage out, what with circumstances this year. Truth be told, Savage should have been in years ago though.

Great post Shovanist Pig mate. As a none reader of twitter I wouldn't have seen those comments, but I enjoyed reading them. Thanks.

Edit - I'm assuming they are from twitter anyways, just realised that you didnt actually state that they were from there!

If you search on WWE's webpage there's more Richie. I read them earlier, some aren't on there mind you. For example Hogan's, and reading his choked me up some more.

There's several celebrities posts/twits/tweets (whatever they're called!) on there too.

Just got home after a couple of days away and with no internet access to read this incredibly sad news.

Can only echo what has already been said and the sheer number of tweets saying what an influence he was on today's generation of wrestlers really epitomises how great Randy was in his day.

RIP Macho Man.

If you search on WWE's webpage there's more Richie. I read them earlier, some aren't on there mind you. For example Hogan's, and reading his choked me up some more.

There's several celebrities posts/twits/tweets (whatever they're called!) on there too.

Thanks for that buddie, I'll have a little read.

Horrible news. :(

Just in terms of his place in wrestling history this is a pretty big deal. Absolute legend, one of my top five wrestlers to watch ever for many reasons I've stated many times and fully deserving of the praise he's getting now.

More importantly to me he was also my favourite wrestler the better part of the first decade I watched wrestling and the catalyst that led to me going from someone who watched a bit of wrestling occasionally to an actual wrestling fan. Such a sad end to it all and I feel for his family in those circumstances.

RIP

Archived