Randy Savage Dies

Jambo

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The whole roster on the stage with vince in the ring and a ten bell salute would be perfect

hope it happens

Anything less would be a huge insult, in my book. This was one of the biggest stars ever in wrestling.

Also, the aftermath of his WM7 match with Warrior has to be one of the most perfectly scripted moments in television. Not just wrestling. It was a perfect payoff that people had waited for for years. How sad that all the players in that moment - Savage, Sherri and Elizabeth - are now gone.

What a tremendous story that was. When he finally realised that when he had nothing, he still had Elizabeth and she was the only person who cared all along. And that pay off when he stops her opening the ropes for him like she always would, and then opened the ropes for her? Perfect. Better than most love stories on TV.

That had legitimate tears flowing down my face that did. Truly one of the great matches / angles of our time. I'm almost in tears just remembering it now.

Incredibly sad news and I echo what everyone has said pretty much. One of the all time greats and a personal favourite of mine.

I think this death has hit me harder than any other Wrestling death actually. I don't know why, maybe it's because growing up he looked like a super hero alongside Warrior and Hogan. They didn't seem like real, normal people which is why they were so fucking brilliant. RIP.

Sad news. I started watching WWF just before Survivors 90, and the mania turn was the first major one I saw. I remember being really psyched one of the baddies was now a goodie. And yet, at first there were certain nuances to the character. I vividly recall him cheering the Mountie on during the Cattleprod attack on the bossman. A shade of grey to a character that wouldn't be allowed in today's WWE.

The feud with Flair was great too. Here was a bloke who wore garish colours, cut "off the wall" promos and did the odd bit of cheesy comedy, and yet, with the right opponent he could do intensity that was slightly frightening, even when he was a face. There is at least one person in todayus WWE who woulld have benfitied from a bit of mentorship in that regard.

• Paid Members

I'm never really bothered about wrestlers dying but this is quite the shock. To a lot of people he was a chunk of their childhood (like mine), so it's a hero gone.

Such an odd way to go too.

I agree that it would be classy if WWE gave him a nice tribute video or something on RAW. Few deserve it more.

• Paid Members
Well that sucks. I think I'll scrap the old TNA weeklies and hit up some Macho Man classics on YouTube for a little bit.

You heathen, get the tape deck out :p

I vividly recall him cheering the Mountie on during the Cattleprod attack on the bossman. A shade of grey to a character that wouldn't be allowed in today's WWE.

Nonsense. Michael Cole was all over the shop on cheering babyfaces and heels for most of 2010, and people criticised it for being inconsistent.

I vividly recall him cheering the Mountie on during the Cattleprod attack on the bossman. A shade of grey to a character that wouldn't be allowed in today's WWE.

Nonsense. Michael Cole was all over the shop on cheering babyfaces and heels for most of 2010, and people criticised it for being inconsistent.

Tazz also used to occasionaly side with certain heels.

I would be in the criticising Cole camp though, as his cheering of both sides seemed to make hardly any sense when I last watched (which, admittedly was a few months ago).

Archived