Randy Savage Dies

Jambo

I entered this thread hoping that it was some kind of sick joke. Now that I know it's true, I'm well gutted.

Randy Savage was one of the true icons of my childhood. Him, Hogan and Warrior were like gods to me in my infancy.

Stand-out memories for me will always be:

* Hogan vs Savage, 'Mania V. Best match I'd ever seen at that point, and I wore out the tape. It's aged pretty well, too.

* His emotional reunion with Liz at Royal Rumble '91 after carrying Warrior to arguably the best match of his career and 'retiring'.

* The announcement by Howard Finkel that Savage was ONCE AGAIN the WWF champion at 'Mania VIII.

There are so many wonderful memories of the 'Macho Man'.

And, now is not exactly the best time to clamour for it, but the posthumous HOF star induction is a MUST.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only just found out about this half an hour ago, and I'm gutted as I'm sure most of the wrestling fans in the world are at the moment. RIP Macho Man, one of the all time greats. My thoughts go out to his friends and family.

i'm glad the wwe did the disc set but sad in a way they never done the documentry side. :(

Tbh, I can see them bringing out a set with a documentary on it next year or so - even if they had beforehand, he wouldn't have took part in it anyway.

If that is the case with WWE bringing out a new dvd set in the next year or two, hopefully they have some of the proceeds going to his wife and family - as WWE would obvious get criticised if they didn't.

• Paid Members
i'm glad the wwe did the disc set but sad in a way they never done the documentry side. :(

Tbh, I can see them bringing out a set with a documentary on it next year or so - even if they had beforehand, he wouldn't have took part in it anyway.

If that is the case with WWE bringing out a new dvd set in the next year or two, hopefully they have some of the proceeds going to his wife and family - as WWE would obvious get criticised if they didn't.

I'm sure Savage wasn't short of a few bob like, he didn't seem into fast living as much as some other wrestlers and was on top about 15 years, makes his death all the more tragic I suppose.

• Paid Members

Well in that interview with Flair, Flair said Savage was really tight. Plus he occasionally made cameos in big budget movies that I'm sure paid well.

It's sweet that Hogan has turned his Facebook/twitter page into a Macho Man tribute. Videos, pictures and comments about the great man everywhere.

• Paid Members
It's sweet that Hogan has turned his Facebook/twitter page into a Macho Man tribute. Videos, pictures and comments about the great man everywhere.

Yeah I was thinking that. He seems pretty cut up about it.

• Paid Members

When he makes his next return to WWE he can use Savage's death in his 'emotional' speech.

Randy told him to return to the WWE! Nothing to do with the TNA contract ending.

• Paid Members
Gutted :(

Never felt like this before when any other wrestler or childhood persona has passed away. Rest in peace Randy, the memories will never fade.

Yeah, me neither - I actually find it quite weird. Never had a wrestler or celebrity die that I actually cared about on this level. Savage was THE man when I was growing up - never got on the Hogan or Flair buzz at all.

Archived