Are You Vegetarian? Or Would You Consider It?

David

I thought of this topic after a bit of a debate with some friends over the inhumane treatment that KFC use when dealing with their chickens. After checking out some of the stuff that they do in the process of taking these creatures from their pens until they reach your plate I have to admit, it certainly makes you think.

I've always steered clear of fast food places such as KFC, but having read into it a bit more I think I may be tempted to make a complete change in my diet.

Do we have any vegetarians on the board? If so, what prompted the switch? And how are you feeling (physically as well as mentally) after doing so? Is anyone else thinking of making the jump?

Thoughts and opinions people, as always...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
We are meat eaters. It's in our genes.

Actually, I believe there to be studies into the fact that humans are by nature herbivores and developed the ability to eat and digest meat over time. I am likely mis-remembering this, however I think it was to do with teeth, digestion and fingers...?

Anyways, Quorn makes me consider vegetarianism. Meat makes me know that is never gonna happen. This way, I can have Quorn AND Meat!!

• Paid Members

Never. My dad's a butcher, it would be the ultimate betrayal. Not that I could give it up anyway mind, I rarely have a meal that doesn't involve meat, even my quick snacking always consists of slapping some meat on a roll, or having a potted meat, or opening a pack of beef jerky.

Love myself a nice pie and Bovril at the football as well. I think I'd have more chance giving up smoking.

• Paid Members

My wife is a vegetarian so I have the odd veggie meal when I cook for her or she cooks something I like.

I couldn't be one though, meat and fish are just too nice.

The KFC stuff, particularly the mini-documentary PETA put out, turned me vege for six months. Then I got drunk one night and the next day my body desperately craved a Burger King. It's been downhill ever since...

I was a vegetarian when I was younger and I do try to vary my diet so that I don't eat meat everyday. There truly is no need to. For the future of the planet with it's ever expanding population, it's probably best for people to try to consume less meat, especially those with children.

Archived