Are You Vegetarian? Or Would You Consider It?

David

• Moderators
That said, I can't really do without meat - I'm a bit of a foodie, and there's just an absolute wealth of culinary culture and history out there for me to enjoy. Grilled chicken with brie and red onion panini; smoked beef carpaccio drizzled with balsamic vinegar and olive oil, and sprinkled with truffles; pork chops cooked in Normandy cream sauce with shallots and bacon pieces; aged, corn-fed Kobe beef steak, done rare and served with B

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If I could have access to really good vegetarian food every day, I'd probably be pescatarian for a while; it'd be good for energy and overall well-being.

That said, I can't really do without meat - I'm a bit of a foodie, and there's just an absolute wealth of culinary culture and history out there for me to enjoy. Grilled chicken with brie and red onion panini; smoked beef carpaccio drizzled with balsamic vinegar and olive oil, and sprinkled with truffles; pork chops cooked in Normandy cream sauce with shallots and bacon pieces; aged, corn-fed Kobe beef steak, done rare and served with B

I couldn't care less about the conditions animals are kept in before they are served up on my plate. All sort of arguments are made about cruelty, but it makes absolutely no difference to me. I can see how it would sway some people, but not me. As long as tying them down doesn't seriously screw up the taste or nutritional value, rock on.

I'm a big fan of meat, but I'd consider vegetarianism for a practical purpose. I'm not an MMA guy, but I hear fighters are switching to help training. If there was a similar reason for me, I'd consider it.

A question: If you could taste human (seasoned/cooked anyway that you like) without anyone ever finding out, would you do it?

Absolutely.

If I could have access to really good vegetarian food every day, I'd probably be pescatarian for a while; it'd be good for energy and overall well-being.

• Paid Members
What kind of noob puts a sauce on Kobe steak anyway?

The kind who's already eaten it in various styles, and decides that he likes Bearnaise sauce on it.

And sod the lot of you. I'm gonna go have a vanilla slice.

Archived