Are You Vegetarian? Or Would You Consider It?

David

• Paid Members
All cysts aren't they, hot dogs? The Brains, balls and arseholes stuff has never bothered me much to be honest.

Never bothered me either, anything that's about 60p for a tin of 6 isn't going to be sourced from finest cuts.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Na, it's not that. It's made from mechanically seperated meat, which is pretty much just all the gristle and shit scraped off the bone, then liquidised. I just watched the programme and thought it looked absolutely rancid, so never touched them again. They don't contain any meat that can actually be legally called meat, so they have to call it something else.

Na, it's not that. It's made from mechanically seperated meat, which is pretty much just all the gristle and shit scraped off the bone, then liquidised. I just watched the programme and thought it looked absolutely rancid, so never touched them again. They don't contain any meat that can actually be legally called meat, so they have to call it something else.

I remember a program about this, where the guy tried to make the worst possible quality food that a super market would take up and sell. In all fairness though, if it tastes good(ish) and doesn't make me ill, i've no problem with it.

• Paid Members
We are meat eaters. It's in our genes.

Actually, I believe there to be studies into the fact that humans are by nature herbivores and developed the ability to eat and digest meat over time. I am likely mis-remembering this, however I think it was to do with teeth, digestion and fingers...?

Anyways, Quorn makes me consider vegetarianism. Meat makes me know that is never gonna happen. This way, I can have Quorn AND Meat!!

An interesting article I was reading;

How humans are not physically created to eat meat

Although some historians and anthropologists say that man is historically omnivorous, our anatomical equipment

Yep its true. Been like this since i was a nipper. Not sure why. I know what all veg tastes like and how it should be cooked etc....i just cant bring myself to actually eat any. I prepare shitloads of veg at work, but never eat any of. Only Mushy Peas for some reason....My dad and brother are chefs too and they cant understand it.Apparently i used to demolish sweetcorn and broccoli when i was younger...now i wont touch it. Maybe thats why?!?

• Paid Members

In response to the argument about our bodies design.

Cardiologist William C. Roberts hails from the famed cattle state of Texas, but he says this without hesitation: Humans aren't physiologically designed to eat meat. "I think the evidence is pretty clear. If you look at various characteristics of carnivores versus herbivores, it doesn't take a genius to see where humans line up," says Roberts, editor in chief of The American Journal of Cardiology and medical director of the Baylor Heart and Vascular Institute at Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas.

• Paid Members

As for the ethics of vegetarianism, no chance. I've seen enough films to know that if any animal could eat me, it would.

As for "could I," I severely doubt it. I'd never be able to give up eating piggy-wiggys and doing without ham, sausage, bacon, spam, pork chops, gammon, leg of pork, loin of pork, belly of pork, pork scratchings and football.

Just had a Quorn spagetti and meatballs. The meatballs were... OK, but not a patch on normal meatballs.

I've had a that a few times over the last few weeks and love it I prefer the taste of vegetarian to meat as one of the reasons I gave up meat is I never did like the taste anyway so hardly had it and yes I am against animals been killed.

I still don't eat stuff like Quorn Chicken as it does taste like the real stuff and I really hated the taste of Chicken

• Paid Members

If I could have access to really good vegetarian food every day, I'd probably be pescatarian for a while; it'd be good for energy and overall well-being.

That said, I can't really do without meat - I'm a bit of a foodie, and there's just an absolute wealth of culinary culture and history out there for me to enjoy. Grilled chicken with brie and red onion panini; smoked beef carpaccio drizzled with balsamic vinegar and olive oil, and sprinkled with truffles; pork chops cooked in Normandy cream sauce with shallots and bacon pieces; aged, corn-fed Kobe beef steak, done rare and served with B

No and No

I have no moralistic obigations that make me consider otherwise. I couldn't care less how it gets in the bucket/tub/packets as long as it tastes ok.

I don't believe we should go withouit either. In terms of protein and nutrients that come with good meat, veg can't provide this in such large quantities. Besides, a few veggies I know always look sickly.

And no I aint a fatty either just eat right :)

I couldn't give up meat on a permanant basis but I do eat Quorn fairly regularly. However I like my meat too much to give it up forever - I eat steak very occasionally but I usually eat more white meat like chicken or turkey.

I've been a vegetarian since 1995. It's a personal choice I made for myself, to change my own life, and I don't impose my views on others. My wife eats meat, but I respect her choice to do this and she respects mine not to. Not an issue.

I'm not a great fan of Quorn. I find a lot of their stuff quite bland and tasteless. I do like their fillets and southern-style burgers though.

• Paid Members

Just had an awesome dinner of roast lamb with garlic and rosemary, with all the veg and red wine gravy. A reminder of why I just can't give it up.

I was a Vegetarian for about nine years but have eaten meat now for about twelve years.

I felt healthier as a vegetarian so am cutting down. I wasn't a veggie for health reasons and didn't really see the benefit the diet gave me at the time... started eating meat because I thought I should as I just had a kid and they should probably be eating meat... stupid logic but there we go. There's plenty of it about.

The beauty of being omnivores.

Meh, I love food. That's the important fact for me!

Archived