Faux CD

Keith Houchen

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Awards Moderator

It isn't. That's why this thread exists. When I find my brain tending to these faux CD things I make a conscious effort to go the other way. Can't stand being slave to this stuff!

I try to do that as well. I was squeezing the toothpaste from the middle of the tube for a while just to prove I could do out without getting annoyed. But I've gone been to squeezing it from the end again because I did it got long enough to prove it to myself, and it is actually the most efficient way to make sure you get everything out.

Shit. I am an idiot. Thought I was quoting your post but I edited it instead and made a right fucking mess. Apologies!

• Paid Members

Are multiples of five not acceptable?

Completely, they are the only odd number allowed on a volume setting.

My Telly needs volume over 15 to be heard so I have to suffer with knocking it up 1 when the missus leaves at 17, who would do that?

On the volume front, I have to use the TVs volume and not the set top box's volume control.

• Awards Moderator

It isn't. That's why this thread exists. When I find my brain tending to these faux CD things I make a conscious effort to go the other way. Can't stand being slave to this stuff!

I try to do that as well. I was squeezing the toothpaste from the middle of the tube for a while just to prove I could do out without getting annoyed. But I've gone been to squeezing it from the end again because I did it got long enough to prove it to myself, and it is actually the most efficient way to make sure you get everything out.

Shit. I am an idiot. Thought I was quoting your post but I edited it instead and made a right fucking mess. Apologies!

Chest you properly fucked that one!

Kit Kat's have to be eaten by scoring the foil down the middle, pulling the foil apart from the centre

Don't they wrap the foil the other way round now, so the gap between the fingers is where the two ends meet? Maybe they've changed it back again by popular demand since I last had one.

I need to check my front door is locked at least 20 times. Bugged my family for years with that one.

I'm no expert but I'd argue that's encroaching on genuine OCD territory.

• Awards Moderator

Are multiples of five not acceptable?

Completely, they are the only odd number allowed on a volume setting.

My Telly needs volume over 15 to be heard so I have to suffer with knocking it up 1 when the missus leaves at 17, who would do that?

On the volume front, I have to use the TVs volume and not the set top box's volume control.

Reading that actually made me twitch. 17?! She's mad.

I wash out cups and glasses loads. No set number of times or anything, it's just the noise of the tap water crashing in gets me in this weird loop where I need to hear it hit again and again. I'll empty the glass out, think "okay we're good to go now" for a split second but then immediately just fill it up again if the tap is still running. Splash, dunk, splash, dunk. Usually 10 or 11 times.

When I had a TV in my room right in front of my bed I'd constantly adjust it so that it was matching me head on as much as possible. Get up and readjust it an inch to the left. Too left. Half an inch to the right. I imagine that's a pretty common one.

I have an overbite and chucked my retainer after a week when I was 14 and whilst visually it doesn't really bother me at all I'll tend to push my front teeth in a bit (even though they're not moving anywhere) after a meal. Usually using my thumb to get the right equal amount of pressure in between the two front teeth.

Cup of tea only after everything has been done, as Frankie said about 4 pages and 5 years ago back.

I have a neuroses about sobriety now as well, which is pretty useful I guess. I wasn't the worst pisshead but I'll still have just a few pints occasionaly now but even if I don't have a hangover the next morning I'll feel incredibly, incredibly annoyed at myself as if I've 'reset' my body and mind back and it'll take half a week to feel 'normal' again. I more or less want to be clear headed/of the same consistent state of consciousness all the time now.

My housemate makes a swastika out of the saussages he's frying and sends me a Snapchat of it each time. I'm usually just upstairs. Whenever he whispers the name of the band 'Coal Chamber' we both do discreet devil horns, as well. More going into running joke territory but it's compulsive.

I wash out cups and glasses loads. No set number of times or anything, it's just the noise of the tap water crashing in gets me in this weird loop where I need to hear it hit again and again. I'll empty the glass out, think "okay we're good to go now" for a split second but then immediately just fill it up again if the tap is still running. Splash, dunk, splash, dunk. Usually 10 or 11 times.

I wash out all cups and glasses before every use too but that's mainly because my girlfriend is shit at doing the washing up.

Archived