Faux CD

Keith Houchen

When eating sandwiches I always go around two crusts first, and then eat the rest of that half of the sandwich and then take one more of the crusts, and then leave the last edge for last. Does that make sense?

On the darts thing, I always kick the oche three times. I usually kick it quite hard if it looks solid. I have no idea why.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On the darts thing, I always kick the oche three times. I usually kick it quite hard if it looks solid. I have no idea why.

I'm a kaggy hander so I always put my left foot against the right side of the oche, then slide it across to the centre. Not a Faux CD, just settling myself into my throwing position.

Also who on earth puts keys and coins in their wallets? That's worse than bringing out a coin bag that you get at banks.

I can't have a losing betting slip in the vicinity of an active one. Also, if I kept my last losing betting slip in my wallet, I have to find a new location to keep the next one while it's still active (same thing if the last losing one was kept in a drawer, or wherever).

Also who on earth puts keys and coins in their wallets? That's worse than bringing out a coin bag that you get at banks.

No, you're absolutely right. Putting coins in a wallet is worse than producing a coin bag that you get from banks from your pocket. Are you serious? My wallet has a specific coin pouch. It stops it jangling around in your pocket and getting lost on rides amongst other things.

No, you're absolutely right. Putting coins in a wallet is worse than producing a coin bag that you get from banks from your pocket. Are you serious? My wallet has a specific coin pouch. It stops it jangling around in your pocket and getting lost on rides amongst other things.

Aye - I thought all wallets had those. A case can be made for coins in pockets if you're wearing jeans, but I couldn't fathom spending a night with loose change rattling around the pocket of a pair of suit pants.

Aye - I thought all wallets had those. A case can be made for coins in pockets if you're wearing jeans, but I couldn't fathom spending a night with loose change rattling around the pocket of a pair of suit pants.

Aye, fair point. Not meaning to sound all laddish (pCc4Life etc) but I guess the place I have money around is the pub and I can't imagine fucking around at the bar with a coin pouch type thing in my wallet. Maybe I should though, might stop me ending up with 20 quid in shrapnel the next morning.

Before a game I have to do my kit check in the exact same order, check for yellow card in left breast pocket, check for red crad in right breast pocket, check coin, check whistles, check notebook and finally spare pencil. Also I stay in a t-shirt before putting my actual match shirt on right up until about a minute before I leave the changing room.

I also do the rearrangeing eggs thing and eat the crusts of a sandwich first.

Its a fairly common one, but the TV volume HAS to be an even number or a multiple of 5.

And I thought I was the only one, applies equally to car stereo, PC volume etc. The biggest problem that I have with this is that my best mate, after years as a competitive swimmer using his breathing to look both sides in a race, is used to doing everything based around prime numbers, especially 11 and 13 so DVD nights can be fun!

Right,

Mentioned in the Irrational annoyances thread that I hate people claiming to have OCD when in truth they don't. So this thread is dedicated to FAUX CD, y'know, silly things that you can't do or have to do in case the world blows up or something. This isn't for proper diagnosed disorders, nor is it an attempt to out whacky each other, its more about little idiosyncracies we have. I will go first (I HAVE TO GO FIRST DAMMIT)

Crisps - I can't eat from a bag of crisps if the bag has been opened upside down, they taste different. Even Brannigans Ham and Pickle flavour (the best crisps in the world) would get thrown away if I opened the bag upside down.

Landline phones - I can't pick them up unless they have rang three times. I put this down to the old thing at work that if you answer your phone within three rings it gives the impression that you aren't busy.

Darts - Before I take my throw, I rub the tips of my fingers on both hands across my lips twice before blowing on each hand twice. Note - this is when stepping up to the oche, not for each individual dart.

Over to you pack of mentalists.

I used to play Darts years ago for my local Workies and I did something similar, but what I did was lick the tip of my fingers then wipe them on my right jean pocket. Could never work out where I got this from until I was watching John Elway and a highlight video of his career one day and he did it before every play. Talk about subliminal impressionism.

Mines is very minor and I probably have many more but don't realize, but when watching Youtube clips or any kind of video on a computer I must have the cursor at specific points or it bugs the hell out of me. Usually in the corner but if its on Youtube its somewhere to the left or hovering over the next video I want to watch.

The same for playing Football Manager, when games are playing I must have my cursor hovering over my own teams badge for some reason.

• Moderators

Haha.. How often do you find yourself going on a ride out of the blue?

Archived