Faux CD

Keith Houchen

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
When I write my shopping list I have to have the items grouped on the page according to category. Upper left: fruit and veg, upper right: meat and items from chilled aisles, lower left: toiletries and household cleaning items, lower right: tins, packets and jars. If I write something in the wrong place I start again

I like to write my shopping list in the order in which I plan to walk around Sainsbury's, which is planned out so I never pass the same shelf twice. I think this is just sensible efficiency though!

When I write my shopping list I have to have the items grouped on the page according to category. Upper left: fruit and veg, upper right: meat and items from chilled aisles, lower left: toiletries and household cleaning items, lower right: tins, packets and jars. If I write something in the wrong place I start again

I like to write my shopping list in the order in which I plan to walk around Sainsbury's, which is planned out so I never pass the same shelf twice. I think this is just sensible efficiency though!

Don't you just hate it when you know the layout of your supermarket mentally and where everything is and then after years they just change the whole place around and you are just fucked till you relearn it.

• Paid Members

I'm an obsessive maker and keeper of lists. I will rarely go through a day without giving in to the need to make a list. Usually a list I've made several times. I can write down the whole of Spurs' season, in order, from say 2005-06 with goalscorers and everything, all 38 league games and one a piece in the FA and League cups. I can't remember what I had for lunch today, but I can remember that season (and one or two others) inside and out. Because I've listed it so often. Same with wrestling cards I've been to.

I also hoard for long periods. I keep things for sentimental value that normal people wouldnt bother with. Lots of people keep gig tickets, but I will keep a bus or tram ticket from a particular night out, or a receipt from a restaurant until long after I cant remember who I was there with. I'll keep a newspaper from the day after a great football match - even if I've kept the match itself on the sky box - because I think reading the write up from the day after makes it seem literally like it was yesterday. I'll collect things like stamps with cartoon characters on just because they're cool. I occasionally keep interesting wrapping paper from a christmas or birthday present, or even dull wrapping paper if I particularly liked the present. When workmates or family buy me different bottled beers for a present, I'll take a photo of them all together, or keep the bottle caps for a bit. Or else just write a list of them.

I even kept the cracker toys from the first Christmas I spent at the ex's family home, until recently having a cull and destroying everything I kept from our time together, anything she bought or made me with few exceptions. I should probably sort myself out.

It also takes me approximately half an hour to decide what I want from the takeaway, even when I know whats on the menu, and have tried everything I would like. It takes me forever to choose what curry I want, for fear I'd rather have a different one when it comes. I'm life's great procrastinator. Many weekends I back out of doing something because its finally time to tidy my room up a bit, but spend so much time worrying about it or planning what to tidy in what order, that it doesn't get done.

If I don't drink a can of strong lager as soon as I wake up I'll feel really shaky & ill all day.

Must admit it wasn't so much OCD that came to mind when I read that, as alcoholism.

• Paid Members
I won't use a spoon if it isn't round. If it's long and oval, I don't like it.

So, for the most part, you use soup spoons? That's an odd one.

I have to fight down the urge to correct people's grammar when they say "less people" or "less problems", or "less" in front of anything numerable, instead of "fewer". Same with when people say "Who are you talking to?" instead of "Whom are you talking to?" or, even more extremely, "To whom are you talking?"

I'm aware of language change, and that for the most part, as long as you're comprehensible, it shouldn't be a big deal, but it just grates on my ears/eyes, especially as advertising companies are making the same mistakes now as well.

• Paid Members

Probably just a regional thing. I work in Stoke on Trent & people say 'aren't' instead of 'I'm not' as in 'I aren't going out this weekend' or 'I aren't bothered'. Fucking spackers.

• Paid Members
I hate this one woman at work who always says "was" instead of "were". Like this:

"I was out really late last night."

"Oh, was you?"

I've got a workmate who does the opposite.

"I were out really late last night"

"Oh, were you?"

• 5 years later...
  • Paid Members

I always rinse a cup before I use it. Mine comes from when I was a kid. I'd go to my Nana's and her and Grandad always had their own cup. So all the others would sit in the cupboard all the time barely used. There's no cup of tea like a dusty cup of tea.

I also keep all cups and glasses upside down in the cupboard. Can't understand why anyone wouldn't really.

Archived