Worst Endings of All Time.

The King Of Swing

Anyone seen Exam? Really great fun (although one of those films that I can see really splitting opinion) but an AWFUL ending.

I saw Exam last week and really enjoyed it. The end was pretty disappointing compared to the rest of the film but i don't think it was that awful.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As for the show itself, never liked it and I maintain it's the single most overrated show in TV history.

I'd have to agree with you. Tried watching it several times and it never grabbed me.

Neither of you have a soul

• Paid Members
As for the show itself, never liked it and I maintain it's the single most overrated show in TV history.

I'd have to agree with you. Tried watching it several times and it never grabbed me.

When I was at College we got into a discussion about the Sopranos and I was told by my lecturer that "If you don't like the Sopranos you don't like television". Which I thought was a bit OTT.

• Awards Moderator

Same here, I've tried a couple of times and haven't got past season 2 yet. My main reason for getting that far has always been "I must keep watching because it's The Sopranos and IT'S THE BEST TV SHOW EVER" but as yet, it hasn't really shown me why. Don't get me wrong, it is really good, but I just haven't got into it.

The opening titles, however, are far and away my favourite part of most episodes I've seen. They're sublime, and the parody of it The Simpsons did is one of the best things The Simpsons has done since 2000.

• Paid Members
I really dug the ending to 'The Mist', thought it was a perfect ending.

Don't forget Mrs. Carmody too. One of the better heels in recent cinema.

Marcia Gay Harden is a brilliant actress. She steals that film completely.

If you have no intention of carrying on, why have a non-ending,ending? It was just lazy or more likely never intended to finish at that point, its just a matter of time before the big money offer gets put on the table

No it was always planned to end that way. You can read a hundred different things into the ending, which is always what the show was about.

Can't really understand anyone not liking the show, its just perfect.

• Paid Members
If you have no intention of carrying on, why have a non-ending,ending? It was just lazy or more likely never intended to finish at that point, its just a matter of time before the big money offer gets put on the table

You're thinking of The Wire.

• Paid Members
Ive always found the end to scott pilgrim a bit rubbish, as he clearly should of gotten with the asian girl!

Although that is an alternate ending on the dvd!

I thought that but if you actually watch that alternate ending you realise just how much that doesn't work.

• Paid Members
Ive always found the end to scott pilgrim a bit rubbish, as he clearly should of gotten with the asian girl!

That was actually what happened in the comic, IIRC, but the reason they had him go with Ramona in the end was because they felt it would've made Knives look a bit pathetic, taking back a bloke who'd basically treated her like crap.

• Paid Members

That was actually what happened in the comic, IIRC, but the reason they had him go with Ramona in the end was because they felt it would've made Knives look a bit pathetic, taking back a bloke who'd basically treated her like crap.

You don't recall correctly.

No it was always planned to end that way. You can read a hundred different things into the ending, which is always what the show was about.

Exactly, it's not a non ending at all. It's just not a conventional US TV ending where everyone either dies, moves away or lives happily ever after.

There are two ways of interpreting the ending -

1) Tony lives on, but you realise he's still going to spend the rest of his life waiting for the violent death that's practically inevitable

2) He gets shot in the head and dies instantly, hence the cut to black

Either of those interpretations is a good, convincing ending to me. The nice thing is, presumably at the moment you get "whacked" you do never know it's happened, everything just... ends.

• Paid Members

You recall incorrectly. In the comics Scott and Ramona give it another try and Knives goes off to college.

Archived