Worst Endings of All Time.

The King Of Swing

• Paid Members
If you have no intention of carrying on, why have a non-ending,ending? It was just lazy or more likely never intended to finish at that point, its just a matter of time before the big money offer gets put on the table

No it was always planned to end that way. You can read a hundred different things into the ending, which is always what the show was about.

Can't really understand anyone not liking the show, its just perfect.

Exactly, it's not a non ending at all. It's just not a conventional US TV ending where everyone either dies, moves away or lives happily ever after.

There are two ways of interpreting the ending -

1) Tony lives on, but you realise he's still going to spend the rest of his life waiting for the violent death that's practically inevitable

2) He gets shot in the head and dies instantly, hence the cut to black

Either of those interpretations is a good, convincing ending to me. The nice thing is, presumably at the moment you get "whacked" you do never know it's happened, everything just... ends.

That's all well and good to have the interpretation but hasn't the writer or creator or someone spoken out against that being the aim of the ending? Not that it really matters, Ridley Scott still keeps insisting that Deckard's a replicant but it's just flat out not the case.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ive always found the end to scott pilgrim a bit rubbish, as he clearly should of gotten with the asian girl!

Although that is an alternate ending on the dvd!

That was actually what happened in the comic, IIRC, but the reason they had him go with Ramona in the end was because they felt it would've made Knives look a bit pathetic, taking back a bloke who'd basically treated her like crap.

Never finished the comic but I do know that Scott ends up with Ramona at the end but from what I can make out the Knives ending was the ending planned for the film for whatever reason but it was received poorly at screanings (or at leasts that the story I read) so they changed it.

Personally I beieve that story mainly because Ramona is little more then a glorified side character by the end of the film (especially during the final battle) and there is second deleted/extended scene that is basically Scott realising that he should be with knives.

Hell even in the films finished state the final fight is still basically Scott and Knives getting back together.

If you have no intention of carrying on, why have a non-ending,ending? It was just lazy or more likely never intended to finish at that point, its just a matter of time before the big money offer gets put on the table

No it was always planned to end that way. You can read a hundred different things into the ending, which is always what the show was about.

I loved the show, just thought the people who watched it from the very begining, deserved a lot better?

Exactly, it's not a non ending at all. It's just not a conventional US TV ending where everyone either dies, moves away or lives happily ever after.

There are two ways of interpreting the ending -

1) Tony lives on, but you realise he's still going to spend the rest of his life waiting for the violent death that's practically inevitable

2) He gets shot in the head and dies instantly, hence the cut to black

Either of those interpretations is a good, convincing ending to me. The nice thing is, presumably at the moment you get "whacked" you do never know it's happened, everything just... ends.

If the last episode of Soprano"s is not a "non ending", Could you give me a scenerio that would have been a "non ending" as it really was as close to a "non ending" as "non endings" Go?

But its not a non ending. Someone comes through the door, Tony looks up, goes to black. As I said its your own interpretation of what that means. I take your point, but in all it sort of fits with the show. I prefered it to a big ending, that would have been far too obvious.

But its not a non ending. Someone comes through the door, Tony looks up, goes to black. As I said its your own interpretation of what that means. I take your point, but in all it sort of fits with the show. I prefered it to a big ending, that would have been far too obvious.

I ask again, If that was not a "non ending", please give me a "non ending scenerio"? Because whether or not you like how the Soprano"s finished you can"t really get away from the fact that it was a "non ending"! (Or am i losing my mind?)

A non-ending would have been if it had just finished like a normal episode did. But it very clearly had a definite ending, like it or not.

Just as No Country Did. If you think that film didn't have an ending, you pretty much missed the whole meaning behind the film, the book and indeed the whole book sequence.

• Awards Moderator
sorry of it's already mentioned. But no country for old men.

It doesn't fucking have one

I thought that after I saw it too, however I read the book recently and it made so much more sense after that. The endings of the book and film are more or less the same, but strangely I thought the book ended perfectly and didn't care much for how the film ended. I really should watch it again, I'm convinced I missed something earlier on that led into the final scene.

Read the book regardless, though. It's great.

I liked the endings to The Sopranos & NCFOM. I do recall people going apeshit about the end of The Sopranos right after it aired and I just wondered what the fuss was about as it seemed fine to me. I remember feeling nervous anticipation as the last few mins of the show ticked down and then was relieved when the end came without being bashed over the head by a major incident.

Example of a non-ending. My Name Is Earl (which still makes me f'ing angry!)

Worst ending. Titanic. Saw it coming from a mile off... unlike the crew.

On a more serious note, and it has bugged me since I watched it recentley, I would go with Predators. The whole thing just felt like a total non-event but then the walk in the jungle followed by closing music of Long Tall Sally? Total bobbins.

• Paid Members
No Country For Old Men has the perfect ending for the story that was told.

Exactly. I know alot of people who were watching it expecting Tommy Lee Jones and Anton Chirguh to finish the film off with a gun fight and therefore missing the entire fucking point of the movie. The ending is superb.

The Crossing is one of the very few books I've been unable to finish because it was too harrowing. Cormac McCarthy is an incredible author.

Archived