Worst Endings of All Time.

The King Of Swing

Like it says on the tin worst endings ever be it film, tv or even novels.

I nominate Oldboy which had an ending so laughable in its wankness it not only ruined the entire film for me but has put me off watching the other films in the Vengeance Trilogy.

Summed up as follows.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

It is revealed that guy A witnessed guy B getting it on with his own Sister (Incest in an Asian film SHOCK) and tells his mates and the story gets spread around resulting in said sister suffering a phantom pregnency (I admit that I may be remembering that wrong) and then kills herself so guy B waits years before finally getting revenge on guy A by having him kidnapped and kept prisoner for years where he is hypnotized (seriously I'm not making this up) and later released and set on a path that ends with him fucking his own duaghter before cutting his own toungue out before guy B kills himself and guy A then has himself re-hypnotized into forgetting that the girl he recently fucked is his Daughter.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Seriously thats the plot and this shit actually takes itself seriously which makes it all the more laughable.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'm a fan of Oldboy but its not as good as people made out, bordering on highly overrated.

I may be being think here but what the heck does LEFTIE BACKSLAPPING mean?

• Paid Members

i hate thread like this because they ruin shit, but i'm so intrigued to read :cry:

im a big fan of non-conventional endings...for example i watched World's Greatest Dad the other day and it has a bit of a swerve ending...i thought it was brilliant, uplifting stuff. But if you go read the (horrible) imdb message boards it seems that 90% of people who watched the film hated the ending. Each to his own i suppose.

Just remembered that the ending to The Blair Witch Project left me feeling ripped off and it was that "film" and left me cynical to film reviews, the sequel though even with its flaws pissed all over it to my suprise and I actually loved the ending to that.

• Paid Members
Just remembered that the ending to The Blair Witch Project left me feeling ripped off and it was that "film" and left me cynical to film reviews, the sequel though even with its flaws pissed all over it to my suprise and I actually loved the ending to that.

the ending to the original Blair Witch Project was fucking brilliant. I though it was a perfect ending. It's a great example though of how un-conventional endings piss most people off, everyone felt short changed that they never got to see the witch.

• Paid Members

the ending to the original Blair Witch Project was fucking brilliant. I though it was a perfect ending. It's a great example though of how un-conventional endings piss most people off, everyone felt short changed that they never got to see the witch.

Agreed. I thought the ending was the best part of the film, almost saving it after being pretty bored for the rest of it. Definitely the right/perfect ending there.

Archived