Worst Endings of All Time.

The King Of Swing

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Awards Moderator
Hiroyuki Sanada is great. I re-watched Ring the other night for the first time in years and was pleasantly surprised to see him there, having not known him first time around.

He also makes a cursory appearance in Last Samurai. He's also one of Japan's few martial arts movie stars - I recommend "Ninja In The Dragon's Den". I wish he'd get a bit more work than he's had in the West so far, he's a very good actor.

YES. Last Samurai is one of my guilty pleasure films - I never hear anybody praise it but I bloody loved it when I watched it. Hiroyuki Sanada, along with John Hawkes, is also one of the highlights of the last season of Lost. Granted, he wasn't given much to play with other than "you are an Other. You evade questions and occasionally bust out kick-ass fighting skills" but he had something about him that made Dogen very intriguing and, well, cool.

I would agree that Jackie Brown is his best film. I've watched it a lot in recent years and it gets better with each viewing. Its has all the QT sprinkles, but feels like him really growing up as a film maker.

The ending to Sunshine always bugged me because it became just another monster movie almost. Up until that third act I absolutely loved the film. Its still good but the end half an hour just kinda kills it.

With Shutter Island, wasn't the twist the VERY end. The little look at the end which casts doubt over what Leo has just said.

He is right about Event Horizon though, great film.

It really is a great film and probably the only decent film Paul WS Anderson will ever make

Oh, God, I watched a film of his called The Dark about a year ago. Don't - it's got Sean Bean in, and is a bad Sean Bean movie. When Sean Bean is good, he can be really good, but when he's bad it's a fucking abomination.

• Paid Members

Event Horizon is majestic! I love that movie. I remember seeing it in the cinema after doign a yoghurt and it terrified me to my bare soul. A few days later I went into Tower Records to buy the score.

Worst ending? Ah there's been a few. Buried, The Wrestler and Eden Lake are three recent ones that stand out to me. I thought Alien Resurrection's final third was horrendous and although I love the flick, I didn't care too much about the ending to The Game.

Event Horizon is majestic! I love that movie. I remember seeing it in the cinema after doign a yoghurt and it terrified me to my bare soul. A few days later I went into Tower Records to buy the score.

Worst ending? Ah there's been a few. Buried, The Wrestler and Eden Lake are three recent ones that stand out to me. I thought Alien Resurrection's final third was horrendous and although I love the flick, I didn't care too much about the ending to The Game.

:omg:

What!!!? I love that film.

• Paid Members

Worst because it was poor:

Superman Returns.

Every other Coen brothers film.

Worst because I didn't like it:

Prison Break - The final few minutes of season four just killed it for me.

Sleepaway Camp 2 - Not a bad idea, just poorly done.

Daredevil - I don't mind when films leave things open for a sequel that never emerges, but this left one too many (although the final Bullseye scene was decent).

• Paid Members
Worst because it was poor:

Superman Returns.

Every other Coen brothers film.

Worst because I didn't like it:

Prison Break - The final few minutes of season four just killed it for me.

Sleepaway Camp 2 - Not a bad idea, just poorly done.

Daredevil - I don't mind when films leave things open for a sequel that never emerges, but this left one too many (although the final Bullseye scene was decent).

plot wise, Prison Break was pretty fucked from the start.

Would anyone say the ending to the Prisoner annoyed them?

• Moderators

The finish of Oz was shite.

It should have ended with the stabbing of Adebisi, truth be told. Instead it carried on too long and the last season was wall to wall deaths to SHOCK, but the only one that had any effect was the phantom death of Cyril. It should have died with Adebisi in season four.

I'm glad I brought up Event Horizon now, the love for it has made me happy.

I actually rewatched Death Proof on Saturday just before it was brought up here which in turn with this thread led to a pub discussion on Sunday with my mate, he hates all Tarantino films except Reservoir Dogs, whereas I like nearly all his movies. Guess it depends how much you enjoy long conversations in your films, I like the Tarantino monologues where as he thinks they are shite.

I see Mr Seven's (I think it was) point about Death Proof, the first half is much superior to the 2nd. Kurt Russell is the highlight of the film and him getting beaten to death at the end by some women is part 'yay he got his comeuppance' and part 'Damn I'm disappointed he got owned'. Don't think Kurt has released a film since then (though has 3 in the works after his lengthy break) so it would have been a hell of an last scene to his career should he have called it a day.

Archived