Worst Endings of All Time.

The King Of Swing

• Paid Members
I thought the ending to Shutter Island was pretty poor.

You can see it a mile off.

Even though games aren't mentioned I'l throw Homefront out there.

It's not really about the twist though is it? Shutter Island is not like The Sixth Sense in that it's more about the journey to the twist and its delivery.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WWF superstars on the gameboy.

Complete the game, and all you see is a picture of the wrestler you've just completed the game with. The same picture that was used in the character pre-match screen, every time.

• Paid Members

Complete the game, and all you see is a picture of the wrestler you've just completed the game with. The same picture that was used in the character pre-match screen, every time.

hahaha, most old school games had the shittest payoff's at the end imaginable...it was never worth what you put into it.

• Paid Members

hahaha, most old school games had the shittest payoff's at the end imaginable...it was never worth what you put into it.

Ghostbusters - page of text

Rogue Trooper - page of text

Last Ninja - page of text

Aliens (US Edition) - picture of Ripley and Newt in the cryotube, squeezing every possible last bit of colour out of the poor speccie. You had to wait whilst the completion screen loaded, but at least they tried.

The Sixth Sense.

Once they'd gotten the "Bruce Willis is actually a ghost" twist out the way, they tied up the boys story with "why don't you try talking to them?". So he does. And they all lived happily ever after.

Shit shit shit shit shit.

Worst ending of a videogame ever - Castle Quest on the BBC Micro. I only finished it a few years ago through use of an emulator and I've never been so disappointed by anything in my life, I sincerely wish I'd never bothered and had just left the memories as they were.

2hwzgk1.jpg

I'm gonna go with A History of Violence here.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

It was awesome up until the end. Plenty of intrigue, a really good story, but then at the end the only thing that happens is he goes back to Philly and kills his brother. Such an anticlimactic ending to what started as a very good film. Plus, William Hurt was quite good, but an Oscar nod? Really?!

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Also, Final Destination 4, but that was awful throughout.

I really hated the last 30 seconds of The Descent 2, it seemed pointless.

Don't mind the ending to High Tension/Switchblade Romance because it made me spend ages thinking which scenes were real and which were altered by imagination and how did they actually happen. So I liked it for that.

Skyline. Anyone who has seen this, should appreciate just how embarrassing the ending is. I burst out laughing.

That film to my eyes is like watching a live action manga/Anime movie and that made the ending quite fitting. It was like watching a section of the Animatrix dvd.

Just my take it on it. They are planning to do a Skyline 2 last I heard.

And if anyone goes on IMDB forums, you'll see a 'Worst Film I've Ever Seen' thread for every mainstream movie, its literally the most negative place I've ever posted on. I wouldn't put too much stock in it.

The ending to Shutter Island was so obvious that I was sitting there waiting for the double swerve that unfortunately never came.

My vote for "Worst Ending Of All Time" goes to "the career of M. Night Shyamalan". In a shocking twist that defies explanation M. Night Shyamalan continues to get writing and directing gigs despite being a talentless hack who has milked his one passable film for his entire career. Shitty director and shittier writer makes millions, if that isn't a "worst ending" contender then I don't know what is.

The ending to Shutter Island was so obvious that I was sitting there waiting for the double swerve that unfortunately never came.

My vote for "Worst Ending Of All Time" goes to "the career of M. Night Shyamalan". In a shocking twist that defies explanation M. Night Shyamalan continues to get writing and directing gigs despite being a talentless hack who has milked his one passable film for his entire career. Shitty director and shittier writer makes millions, if that isn't a "worst ending" contender then I don't know what is.

The Sixth Sense, Signs, Unbreakable and even The Village to an extent if you look past all the effort he put in to accommodate a twist are all quite passable films. Everything since then has been a complete joke however.

Skyline gets my vote btw.

I liked Cracked articles too.

Click.

On the rare occasion that I got peer pressured in to watching an Adam Sandler film, stupid old me thought they were going to go with the

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

sad ending that his character deserved (for being a dick to kate Beckinsale), yet instead they pussied out and gave it a typical happy ending that left me anything but. I know the kind of people that watch an Adam Sandler comedy like this generally want a happy ending, so I understand why, but I've always thought they had the chance to do a brave, interesting ending and bottled it.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Archived