Documentary Thread #2

Egg Shen

I watched and enjoyed the ESPN 30 for 30: June 17th 1994, which focused on OJ Simpson going on the run, Arnold Palmer retiring, New York Rangers winning the Stanley Cup, and other sporting events on that day.

I'd like to learn more about the whole OJ Simpson murders & trial etc.

Can anyone recommend any other documentaries or books about that subject?

I watched and enjoyed the ESPN 30 for 30: June 17th 1994, which focused on OJ Simpson going on the run, Arnold Palmer retiring, New York Rangers winning the Stanley Cup, and other sporting events on that day.

Can't recommend any books, but that really is an excellent programme. The Scapegoat one about the lad who caught the baseball is really great too as is The Dotted Line with Morgan Spurlock. Sod it, they're all great.

Channel 5 had an episode with Nicole Brown Simpson as the subject matter in the 3rd season of Autopsy. It only aired a few months ago so it should be easy enough to find online. It's one of the better episodes, with some good insight into Nicole and OJ's relationship and the lead up to the murder/details of the crime scene.

US Netflix also has an old series called "Final 24" with an episode focusing on Nicole/OJ. 

• Paid Members

Just watched Going Clear, quite scary to believe such things can happen in modern times. I have been quite interested in the Charles Manson story recently and saw some similarities between the two. Scientology is almost like what the Charles Manson family could of become if things were different. Really creepy hearing how the president of the church is apparently in the hole along with the leaders wife. I feel really creeped out by the whole thing.

Where did you find Going Clear?

Just watched Going Clear, quite scary to believe such things can happen in modern times. I have been quite interested in the Charles Manson story recently and saw some similarities between the two. Scientology is almost like what the Charles Manson family could of become if things were different. Really creepy hearing how the president of the church is apparently in the hole along with the leaders wife. I feel really creeped out by the whole thing.

Where did you find Going Clear?

I found it on Extra Torrent

• Paid Members

It can be shown in cinemas but not broadcast on TV in the UK due to difference in libel laws in Northern Ireland (which would be covered in the broadcast)

Basically if Sky Atlantic show it they would be opening themselves up to lawsuit from Scientology

• Paid Members

I watched a documentary about James Randi last night. It was on the US Netflix and is called Honest Liar. It goes over his efforts to debunk frauds who claim they have "powers" and such like. It also delves into his own fraudulent behaviours. Really good I thought.

• Paid Members

I watched a documentary about James Randi last night. It was on the US Netflix and is called Honest Liar. It goes over his efforts to debunk frauds who claim they have "powers" and such like. It also delves into his own fraudulent behaviours. Really good I thought.

Watched that myself las night too. Loved the bits where he debunked things on Johnny Carson.