Documentary Thread #2

Egg Shen

Can anyone recommend any documentary/series on WW2? I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to history, I never cared much for it at school, and only now have started reading bits. I want to watch something that tells the complete story, which I am aware is huge.

Aside from The World at War, which is fantastic, Laurence Rees, appears to be the man doing WW2 documentaries these days, focusing on specifics such as Russia (War of the Century) Japan (Horror of the East)

There are a few drama docs about including Hiroshima and Dunkirk, on the BBC History collection

The ITV series World War II in colour appears to be here

Secrets of World War II is another good series, it pops up on Yesterday as filler quite regularly. Here is a link, not sure if it works as cant check as am at work and the links from the site are blocked :/

Finally, Tank Overhaul is worth seeking out as certain tanks are restored and the history of them is explained

Decent watch,but nothing covered that has never been covered before.The Jean McConville story is still as troubling as ever though.

Adam's will never admit to his alleged role in the IRA now that he's trying to pass himself off as a legitimate politician down here.

• Paid Members

ahh thanks for posting that Dangerfield documentary, never seen that.

and there's a better Caddyshack documentary than the one you posted Scott, there's a new feature length one on the newest Blu-ray edition of Caddyshack. Its not on youtube but it's well worth getting hold of.

Edited by Ebb

• Paid Members
and there's a better Caddyshack documentary than the one you posted Scott, there's a new feature length one on the newest Blu-ray edition of Caddyshack. Its not on youtube but it's well worth getting hold of.

That's the one I've been trying to get for ages. I got a Caddyshack Blu-Ray and it was vanilla, so I obviously got the wrong one. There's a torrent of the documentary but it's seedless. Also love to hear Ramis' commentary. He just seems like the friendliest man ever.