Mark Haskins in TNA : Results and news

Mark Sloan

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I hate Shannon Moore, I hate his finish and I hate Mark losing to it, but at least it was believable since missing the Shooting Star press would have knocked all the wind out of him. Much prefer the Shooting Star press for a finish than that contrived pumphandle cradle tombstone he does. The pumphandle adds no extra momentum to the move due to the time it takes to move his hands for the cradle, its a waste of energy and he'd be better off just doing a normal cradle tombstone.

Financially if TNA wanted to pick Haskins up full time, would it be worth leaving Dragon Gate??

I don't see the problem with Shannon Moore. He's been no less than decent since returning to TNA, Ink Inc. are pretty over, and I like the Mooregasm (although I hate the name) - it's a swinging neckbreaker with the full weight of a human body providing the torque. I also preferred John Morrison using the Moonlight Drive to the Starship Pain.

The reason why I dislike Shannon Moore isn't valid but they are at least reasons of a sort:

1)

His inflated face.

2)

Claiming he was king of Glam Rock when his gimmick had nothing to with Glam Rock.

3)

DILLIGAF being one of most embarrasing ideas to come out of wrestling in a little while.

So pretty pissy and bitter ;)

• 5 months later...

Mark Haskins makes his TNA US Debut after signing a two year deal at Destination X losing to Douglas Williams.

IMG_6543_650.jpg

IMG_6612_650.jpg

Photo Credit : Impactwrestling.com

10/7/11 : Destination X, Orlando, Florida

Lost to Douglas Williams

I have seen very little of Mark, mainly due to where he works and where I watch but I am pleased to see a good young UK talent getting an opportunity in TNA. There are a few now working abroad and making a living and it is really pleasing to see

It's easy for me to say that his PPV debut wasn't all that spectacular. Haskins has a lot of expectations to live up to.

I wish him the best. It's good to see someone realising a goal/dream in life.

• Paid Members

It was a really bad match I thought. It was a boring match on a card filled with spot fests and nostalgia. Not to stick up for the person in the match, but on a night where you were promising the return of former X Division wrestlers, its not the best idea to debut someone nobody knows as a "mystery opponent". Its one step below the Gobbledy Gooker debuting. Those fans wanted a Petey Williams or a Elix Skipper, not a new guy. It was such a strange way to put him on the show. I'm sure Haskins is a good wrestler, but at a X Division nostalgia show, he was never going to make a good impression.

I agree it was a terrible idea to introduce him the way they did. I can understand the crowd being annoyed but they were being a bunch of dicks with some of the chants.

The ring didn't help much either, with those stupid turnbuckles that had loads of guys falling off them all night.

I'm sure Haskins will have a decent enough run if he puts in the hard work. He needs to get rid of the John Morrison tribute act coat and glasses though.

I agree it was a terrible idea to introduce him the way they did. I can understand the crowd being annoyed but they were being a bunch of dicks with some of the chants.

The crowd that night was everything I hate about smark fans. From the insulting 'Who are you?' chants, to the moronic 'USA, USA' as Williams and Haskins were doing a pin sequence, to the cringe worthy 'You fucked up'. The guy didn't stand a chance in his televised debut with them.

• Paid Members

Just got done watching 'Destination X 2011' this afternoon.

The Haskins match wasn't that bad. Sure there was that slip at the end, and was a bit dull, but had the match been presented in a different way, at a different time, I think it would have been looked on a lot better. As others have said, debuting someone, well, anyone, as an unknown newcomer on this particular PPV show was never going to win these fans over: they simply didn't care, since they'd been given no reason to. Having said that, it was still much better than Kendrick vs. Abyss - that was fucking rotten.

They would have had more success and it would probably have gone down better if they had been running short little 1 minute hype vids on iMPACT! over a series of a few weeks, showing little clips of footage from Haskins matches on the UK tour (if there is any) or other promotions (if they could sort out permissions etc), having Williams, Tenay, Magnus, Sabin, Kazarian etc dropping sound bites bigging him up as a top line star who has made his name across Europe and Japan, now coming to make his name in TNA. Would have at least made fans intrigued to see what all the fuss was about.

Archived