Mark Haskins in TNA : Results and news

Mark Sloan

Dunno why people are slagging off his look. He looks great - I'd bankrupt myself to look like him, to be frank.

They're not really, they are drawing comparisions to John Morrison which is fine. Maybe that is what he was asked for. On him being to thin? Stood next to the majority of X-Div guys he is as big, if not bigger, but stand him next to Doug (A former Noah Heavyweight) Magnus and Rob Terry, I would imagine most would look smaller than they actually are.

Just got done watching 'Destination X 2011' this afternoon.

The Haskins match wasn't that bad. Sure there was that slip at the end, and was a bit dull, but had the match been presented in a different way, at a different time, I think it would have been looked on a lot better. As others have said, debuting someone, well, anyone, as an unknown newcomer on this particular PPV show was never going to win these fans over: they simply didn't care, since they'd been given no reason to. Having said that, it was still much better than Kendrick vs. Abyss - that was fucking rotten.

They would have had more success and it would probably have gone down better if they had been running short little 1 minute hype vids on iMPACT! over a series of a few weeks, showing little clips of footage from Haskins matches on the UK tour (if there is any) or other promotions (if they could sort out permissions etc), having Williams, Tenay, Magnus, Sabin, Kazarian etc dropping sound bites bigging him up as a top line star who has made his name across Europe and Japan, now coming to make his name in TNA. Would have at least made fans intrigued to see what all the fuss was about.

An excellent post sir.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
They're not really, they are drawing comparisions to John Morrison which is fine. Maybe that is what he was asked for. On him being to thin? Stood next to the majority of X-Div guys he is as big, if not bigger, but stand him next to Doug (A former Noah Heavyweight) Magnus and Rob Terry, I would imagine most would look smaller than they actually are.

It was more the "too thin" comments in the other thread I was referring to. The John Morrison look is good on him, but I personally believe he shouldn't stick with the jacket too long - it'll make him look a bit too much of a rip-off. The glasses, hair and gear look awesome, though, particularly the gear.

• Paid Members

That hair needs to be sorted out in my opinion, compared to a few months ago, at Destination X he looked like a whore extra from Band of Gold

I think he'll be a welcomed addition to TNA, and no doubt will work well alongside the Brit guys

Haskins is a great wrestler, one of those guys you never really see in a bad match. As people have already said the way TNA debuted Haskins was weird and asking for trouble. If you read the comments on the youtube videos people wanted Petey Williams or somebody they knew. I love Dougs work but in my eyes that didn't help either. He should had wrestled somebody like Kazarian. When I went to TNA in Manchester he was getting 'Who are ya?' chants but they were cheering for him in the end.

Chris Sabin vs Mark Haskins vs Kazarian - TNA 2011 TOUR (PARIS, FRANCE)

Haskins looks great in this match, he should had been debuted in one of those three-ways from the X-Division tournament on IMPACT.

I agree this was my first time seeing him and with the hype that he got from Jeremy Borash i wasn't too impressed myself to begin with as he didn't get what he deserved if anything that match should have been first on the PPV. But my main pissing off was the fans he fucked up a move they chanted you know what, someone else did in a match after him and there wasn't a chant.

Hope he gets a bit more of a chance they need to put him on Xplosion if anything get him used to working with TNA stars more and more.

To be fair to haskins he was in the six sided ring and was not the only one to look a bit lost.

I thought the match was ok and as people said wasn't the worst match on the ppv. The turnbuckles were ridiculous they were huge and didn't look to be secure even aj and daniels struggled aj slipped on the spiral tap and daniels was using the cable behind the pad to launch himself.

Hopefully the handshake is a sign of him maybe joining the British invasion down the line who seem to be doing ok for tv time at the moment... That might be a bit too logical for tna though!

Eyes people having a go at the turnbuckles? seems an odd thing to have a go at. Surely he's used to wrestling in a shit ring. Especially considering it wasnt his performance that was the worst thing about his debut.

To be fair some one else slipped up on the same turnbuckle, Haskins used, in the 4 way match, perhaps something to do with material used I dunno?

Anyway, tbf frank never heard of the guy before that match, came out looking like a tramp/ or the guy from Freakpower if you prefer and then lost in a debut with no introduction.

To me that screamed immediate Job Squad member.

If he is as good as people say, its a shit way to debut

I think people are thinking to much into it - the match was ok in my book and as for the crowd reaction, Williams and Haskins won't and did not let it bother them.

To me, I think it was a test by TNA to Haskins to see how he would do being thrown into a situation like a TNA ppv. It is a hell of a way for any wrestler to break into the main public eye of the company (that being the Impact Zone) and the outing was solid.

Mark Haskins is a man who has earned this break (not implying that people are saying otherwise) and I am almost pretty sure he will run with the ball - good luck to him.

Can anyone confirm if this is his only appearance? It didnt seem like a signing. It just looked like one of those matches TNA put on every now and again. Like Shark Boy coming back or Jackie Moore returning to then leave again.

He signed a two year deal at the start of June.

I think people are thinking to much into it - the match was ok in my book and as for the crowd reaction, Williams and Haskins won't and did not let it bother them.

To me, I think it was a test by TNA to Haskins to see how he would do being thrown into a situation like a TNA ppv. It is a hell of a way for any wrestler to break into the main public eye of the company (that being the Impact Zone) and the outing was solid.

Mark Haskins is a man who has earned this break (not implying that people are saying otherwise) and I am almost pretty sure he will run with the ball - good luck to him.

I dont think TNA ever put that much thought into anything...ever. From what I hear he has signed a 2 year deal, dunno if I read that on here or somewhere else (Mark beat me to it, I prob heard it from him on here anyway)

Archived