Mark Haskins in TNA : Results and news

Mark Sloan

So the company didn't request he advertise himself as the only brit getting the chance to do the full tour? That's fair enough then.

I'd no idea Haskins was on the tour till I seen this thread. I'm sure he will let his ring work do the talking I just thought it would have been nice for a talented young guy to get some national exposure to non wrestling fans.

With all due respect non wrestling fans couldn't give a shit. Its the same with Mossy and Lionheart. Anybody who saw them in the paper wouldn't have read the stories unless they followed the business in some way or they knew them personally and then they would possibly already know.

I wish all the UK guys the best of luck on the upcoming tour, I am sure they will all do great

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

such as shame i didnt know about this in advance!

If it turns out Haskins is wrestling Angle, i will be gutted as i cant make it! Also Just read via the first page Mr Andy Baker has got a shot with them also! Its been a long time since i trained under Mr baker, but he really does deserve it and all the best to him also!

Also Just read via the first page Mr Andy Baker has got a shot with them also! Its been a long time since i trained under Mr baker, but he really does deserve it and all the best to him also!

25 Brits will take part in the Gutcheck in the Afternoon at Wembley, not sure if that is what is being refered to.

Also Just read via the first page Mr Andy Baker has got a shot with them also! Its been a long time since i trained under Mr baker, but he really does deserve it and all the best to him also!

25 Brits will take part in the Gutcheck in the Afternoon at Wembley, not sure if that is what is being refered to.

Any idea who the Brits are taking part in gutcheck?

Any idea who the Brits are taking part in gutcheck?

Andy Baker could be one, the ones I know have asked me to keep it to myself, sorry.

Can't wait to see who Haskins mashes with at Manchester. Be great to see some of this stuff hit youtube, get your fan cams out guys!

If Magnus and Doug got signed doing this kind of deal, theres no doubt in my mind Haskins will be signed. Great keeper for the X-Division in my mind :)

• Paid Members

Not 100%, just heard he has a try out with them.........so maybe its that, either way its good news for him, i believe he had a try out at FCW last year some time. anyway, good to see the boss mention Haskins, its very very good hes on the whole tour. Not sure if you can talk about it Mr Sloan, but was he contacted by TNA for this, or has he sent them a tape etc?

Bit of a vague question, but i wouldnt know if he may of been on there radar otherwise. Either way, again very good to see hes on the tour, and will be be gutted if he wrestles and i miss it!

GO HASKINS!

Not 100%, just heard he has a try out with them.........so maybe its that, either way its good news for him, i believe he had a try out at FCW last year some time. anyway, good to see the boss mention Haskins, its very very good hes on the whole tour. Not sure if you can talk about it Mr Sloan, but was he contacted by TNA for this, or has he sent them a tape etc?

Bit of a vague question, but i wouldnt know if he may of been on there radar otherwise. Either way, again very good to see hes on the tour, and will be be gutted if he wrestles and i miss it!

GO HASKINS!

I am afriad I cannot talk about any specifics, as for being on their radar - TNA may well be the most clued up promotion in regards to upcoming talent from Europe. As for the tour he will wrestle each night, hope you can catch one of the shows.

Well done to Mark Haskins.

It's a shame Johnny Moss and Lionheart seem to be getting more publicity than this young man who is on the full tour. This man needs a publicist!

No he doesn't, he has everything he needs to get publicity and oppertunities. He is booked on the full tour. He hasn't be asked to publicize or make any mention of it. Mark Haskins was booked long ago and was announced with the tour match ups.

Both Moss and Lionheart were announced in local publicity. Lionheart was in many Scottish papers and Moss was announced through the sun/talksport.

While not implying either of the others do, but he also doesn't feel the need to brag about it or tell the world. This thread is basically to keep everybody upto date with his progress, like when he was in Japan, it's done by myself for that reason and that only.

That is a fair enough approach, I just thought he would like to get his name out there to the general public as much as possible I.E the use of national newspapers to advertise his success in getting on a tour with a big U.S company.

I think the difference that Mark is tying to point out is that both Johnny Moss and myself were approached with the opportunity of working the TNA tour (Wembley & Glasgow seperately) with a view to offering two of the countries (arguably) top workers with an opportunity to showcase their work, all whilst generating media interest in the shows and thus boosting ticket sales. Where I can't speak for Johnny, I myself have been asked to put as much information and coverage out about the event as I possibly can, and why not? TNA is a business at the end of the day, and should a few local press articles or interviews generate a few extra ticket sales, it's a positive thing. In this respect, I am fully aware of what my role in this opportunity is and I will make the most of it and hope that something bigger comes from it.

It seems clear in the case of Mark Haskins, TNA are very interested in looking at him for his talents alone (and rightly so, Mark is a sensational worker) hence why he has been asked to be a part of the whole tour, therefore he is not required to go out and advertise the fact he is there to gain publicity, nor should he feel the need to.

Fantastic news. Finally america is recognising that we have some talented wrestlers on these shores. I'm sure Mark will do England proud.

Interesting point of debate here, the big name promotions in America are picking up the properly talented Brits left, right and centre at the moment. Its amazing for the guys involved but the UK scene is in terrible shape at the moment and it will be a shame to see some of them go.

• Paid Members

agreed whiskey.

Although im obviously chuffed for the lads in question and any future UK workers who get snapped up, it leaves the UK with less top name talent. Its swings and round about though, im sure theres plenty of youngsters waiting to fill their shoes whom are currently lacking a bit of experience.

Archived