FSM Thread

Vipes

I decided not to renew my subscription to FSM about a year ago as I thought the mag was horrendous. Full of factual inaccuracies and far too many typos, I grew frustrated reading every issue.

A few days ago I was convinced to give it another try by a mate who said things had improved. I have to say I agree and am happy I plumped for a new subscription.

One thing that I found very annoying though was the number of pages devoted to adverts. I counted around 20!! I know you guys have to fund the magazine and all that jazz, but 20 pages of adverts seems crazy for such a small publication. That's a quarter of the entire mag.

Other than that I certainly enjoyed reading this months and, echoing the comments above, the Warrior piece was especially entertaining.

• 4 weeks later...

Issue 105 of Fighting Spirit Magazine is now available!

21o3hvm.jpg

In this month's edition, FSM has feature-length articles on:

- The Shield and its prospects, both as a group and as future singles stars

- The post-WrestleMania period, in which WWE will bring in fresh talent from NXT

- Fandango, who talks to FSM about his careers goals

- The new talent in TNA, and how they have been given the licence to develop their characters

- Spring Stampede 1999, which was arguably WCW's last great pay-per-view

- Billy Robinson, who will long remain a legend to both pro wrestlers and martial artists after his recent passing

- WCCW director Mickey Grant, who has taken his experience in pro wrestling into his own independent film-making

All of this, plus our usual news, PPV and TV reports, and DVD and book reviews. This month's issue also includes Nick “Magnus” Aldis' monthly column, this time questioning the label that has been attached to TNA's new talent, while Jim Cornette looks back on his time working at WrestleMania, both on-camera and behind the scenes. In a further Guest Column, Adrian “Lionheart” McCallum recounts the night he broke his neck after wrestling AJ Styles, and offers advice to anyone who steps into the ring.

The cheapest and easiest way to subscribe to FSM is via our website, here: http://www.FightingSpiritMagazine.co.uk/magazine/subscribe UK subscribers will receive their copy of FSM before the shops (subject to a reliable postal service), and upon subscribing for 12 issues, will receive two additional issues absolutely free. This means that instead of paying a total of

Edited by Brian Elliott

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone had any issues with the digital version - specifically, Pocketmags and their app?

I've had countless issues contacting them about a subscription through iTunes and I get inane replies about reboot this, Pocketmag accounts and so on. They're clueless and cannot talk to each other in the office. Customer service is appalling.

Brian - on the other hand - couldn't be more helpful in relation to feedback on the magazine, trying to sort stuff out and so on. The guy genuinely cares about his readers and his product. Shame he is only responsible for the content and not the technology as I'm sure it'd be even slicker.

BTW does anyone know if there is a Powerslam-specific thread?

Issue 106 of Fighting Spirit Magazine is now available!

t8fAHaz.jpg

In this month's edition, FSM has feature-length articles on:

- Daniel Bryan, assessing his role now that he is finally WWE World heavyweight champion

- The Ultimate Warrior, as FSM explains why he remains the personification of sports entertainment

- Paige, who talks to FSM about her Divas title win, WrestleMania XXXI, and her future

- The Undertaker's WrestleMania Streak, and how pro wrestling bookers have handled the end of legendary reigns

- Bully Ray, who sits down with FSM to discuss Impact Wrestling and the sport at large

- Ric Flair and Ricky Steamboat, who fought their most famous series of matches 25 years ago

- CZW, as FSM visits for the Best Of The Best tournament, and to talk to new WWE signing Drake Younger

- Warriors Of Wrestling, and how the New York City independent runs in the shadow of WWE

- Adrian Street, who after years of wrestling in the USA remains one of the most recognisable British grapplers of all-time

All of this, plus our usual news, PPV and TV reports, and DVD and book reviews. This month's issue also includes Nick

I think his use of the word 'parasites' here is pretty disgraceful actually. Seriously, how dare he use that word to describe wrestling journalists of any kind - those responsible for feeding and sustaining fan interest in the industry he makes a living from.

I also did not enjoy that pizza guy story - felt really sorry for the bloke in question actually. I wasn't there obviously but maybe the guy just didn't realise and would have apologised sincerely had it been pointed out to him in a normal, mature way (as would probably be the case at pretty much ANY other adult workplace)? Is that seriously how wrestlers get on in the locker room in 2014?

Getting a bit fed up with the bitter tone of some of Magnus' articles recently - don't really fit the positive vibe of the mag as a whole.

Great article from Lister (would expect nothing less!) on UW though.