FSM Thread

Vipes

I liked the Mick McManus and G1 Climax pieces as well. Mid South one was tremendous.

I wish the mag was a bit longer though - compared to PS it's like a novel, but having lived in Japan for a while I miss getting 130 pages a week for my wrestling fix!

Edited by Maikeru

• 2 weeks later...
I liked the Mick McManus and G1 Climax pieces as well. Mid South one was tremendous.

I wish the mag was a bit longer though - compared to PS it's like a novel, but having lived in Japan for a while I miss getting 130 pages a week for my wrestling fix!

Thanks for the kind words. I'm always pleased to be able to say that we offer more content for our price point than any other pro wrestling magazine - in English, anyway. ;)

By the way, folks, I really echo Maikeru's words about John Lister's Mid-South Wrestling article in particular, which has seen some of our best feedback from within the industry itself. I don't expect us to have much left of the print run shortly, leaving it only in iPhone/iPad/Android digital format, so if you're a paper only kind of reader, make sure to get to WHSmith on Wednesday to get your copy, before the new issue is out.

Thanks!

Issue 98 of Fighting Spirit Magazine is now available!

2hn40n4.jpg

In this month's edition, FSM has feature-length articles on:

- Rob Van Dam, and how he has maintained his popularity throughout stints in ECW, TNA, and WWE

- The deficiencies in the WWE roster, and which stars of yesteryear could round out the ranks

- John Morrison, who talks to FSM about a potential return to the squared circle

- Kurt Angle, and how the Olympic champion became an elite pro wrestler

- Michinoku Pro Wrestling, and its influence on the sport, as the group get ready to tour the UK

- One of World Of Sport wrestling's great characters, Jim Breaks, in the latest in the

Enjoyed the Michinoku Pro article very much, and also the Jim Cornette column on Mid-South.

Didn't enjoy the articles on Randy Orton and Kurt Angle as much, they seemed to be the sort of thing you'd find in PS every month. I guess you need articles like that to draw the casual reader though.

I was expecting a review of UFC 165. Did that just miss out on getting in to the issue?

You should review Shoot Interview DVDs instead of reviewing WWE PPV DVD releases when you've only just reviewed the event itself. Now Highspots and Kayfabe Commentaries have UK stores you'd think there'd be more interest in them.

Enjoyed the Michinoku Pro article very much, and also the Jim Cornette column on Mid-South.

Didn't enjoy the articles on Randy Orton and Kurt Angle as much, they seemed to be the sort of thing you'd find in PS every month. I guess you need articles like that to draw the casual reader though.

I was expecting a review of UFC 165. Did that just miss out on getting in to the issue?

You should review Shoot Interview DVDs instead of reviewing WWE PPV DVD releases when you've only just reviewed the event itself. Now Highspots and Kayfabe Commentaries have UK stores you'd think there'd be more interest in them.

Thanks. I hope people like the Michinoku Pro article in the same way they liked the Mid-South or the 1990s All-Japan article.

Which WWE PPV DVD did we review? There certainly isn't one in this issue. We usually only do it for WrestleMania because of the wealth of extras.

Edited by Brian Elliott

• 4 weeks later...

Issue 99 of Fighting Spirit Magazine is now available!

35i6ueo.jpg

- The Ultimate Warrior, who speaks exclusively to FSM about Vince McMahon, Hulk Hogan, and his life in pro wrestling

- Hulk Hogan, whose time in TNA may have drawn to a close, with the company in worse shape than when he arrived

- AJ Lee, who has been one of the stand-out performers in WWE this year

- Antonio Cesaro, whose popularity may see him soon make a difficult babyface turn

- WWE 2K14, which has proved to be as much a history of WWE as it is a videogame

- The National Wrestling Alliance, which strangled the business with mafioso tactics in order to retain the control its governors craved

- Johnny Kidd, who was one of the young lions of World of Sport, and is still competing at 58 years of age

All of this, plus our usual news, PPV and TV reports, and DVD and book reviews. Also, in this month's columns, Jim Cornette goes into detail about the circumstances that took him to work for the WWF in 1993. Furthermore, TNA's Nick “Magnus” Aldis spills the beans on a couple of his co-workers and their humorous escapades.

The cheapest and easiest way to subscribe to FSM is via our website, here: http://www.fightingspiritmagazine.co.uk/subscribe UK subscribers will receive their copy of FSM early (subject to a reliable postal service; Issue 99 arrived with UK subscribers three working days before the shops), and upon subscribing for 12 issues, will receive two additional issues absolutely free. This means that instead of paying a total of

Edited by Brian Elliott

Issue 99 of Fighting Spirit Magazine is now available!

35i6ueo.jpg

- The Ultimate Warrior, who speaks exclusively to FSM about Vince McMahon, Hulk Hogan, and his life in pro wrestling

- Hulk Hogan, whose time in TNA may have drawn to a close, with the company in worse shape than when he arrived

- AJ Lee, who has been one of the stand-out performers in WWE this year

- Antonio Cesaro, whose popularity may see him soon make a difficult babyface turn

- WWE 2K14, which has proved to be as much a history of WWE as it is a videogame

- The National Wrestling Alliance, which strangled the business with mafioso tactics in order to retain the control its governors craved

- Johnny Kidd, who was one of the young lions of World of Sport, and is still competing at 58 years of age

All of this, plus our usual news, PPV and TV reports, and DVD and book reviews. Also, in this month's columns, Jim Cornette goes into detail about the circumstances that took him to work for the WWF in 1993. Furthermore, TNA's Nick

What does John Lister know? He isn't in the business and is just an internet geek who lives in his Mam's basement. Magnus should exclusively write the TNA articles from now on. Its the only way we will get a balanced view on the promotion.

Now that's clear, relatively concise and correct.

Just read this months Greetings Grapple Fans and I got goosebumps! Johnny Kidd is a true legend in British Wrestling. I was fortunate to meet him whilst working for W.I.L.D up here in Scotland, and he is such a gentleman. I was asked by the promoter if I could pick him up from the airport for one of the shows here, and when we met he treated me like a long time friend whom he hadn't seen for a while, such a polite and interesting guy. He spent the afternoon with me and my family before we travelled to that nights show, and he had all the time in the world for us to pick his brain. Last year I attended a show, but wasn't working it, at and the end we all had a group photo on the stage. He insisted I was in it too, and treated me and all the rest of the crew like we were the most important people in the world. An absolute gent,and one well deserving of the retrospective look at his career. Long may it continue.

Cheers John Lister for a great read.

PS. The interview with The Ultimate Warrior was excellent too. Nice to read something completely open, and far removed from his manic in-ring persona too!!

• Awards Moderator

What are the chances of a collection of the Greetings, Grapple Fans articles being released as a special edition or as a digital mag? They're my favourite part of FSM every time I read it. They could be extended versions of the articles if Lister had more usable information from things like his Jim Breaks interview. A special edition with all the profiles of the British legends would probably make a good stocking-filler for relatives who remember them first time round, too.