FSM Thread

Vipes

Picked up the new issue at the weekend. Great read as always. The piece on Les Kellett was enjoyable as was the piece on Mad Dog Vachon - keep going with these legends articles cos they're a great read. I liked the plans for 2014 piece and it was interesting hearing more about the NWO hoo-hah.

I'm a bit late but just one problem with issue 100 - the piece on Vader was awful. It felt rushed and went all the place in terms of what he did and missed loads out. The interview with him PS this month was far better which is a real shame as I much prefer reading you guys. Have you thought about spreading some articles across a couple of issues rather than squeezing it into one?

The one article I really enjoyed was the El Ligero road diary - more of these from Wrestlers showing how hard they work etc. would be appreciated.

Couple of ideas for future issues - an article on Wrestling books, Wrestling/Wrestlers in Movies, a look at the structure of the WWF in the glory days of the late 80's (how it worked in terms of all the house shows, TV tapings etc.) a look at the history of various promotions/promoters in the UK (All Star, WAW, Hammerlock, LDN etc.)

Otherwise awesome work - I'll be reading for a long time!

Thanks for the feedback - I'm glad you've enjoyed the vast majority of what we've been doing.

The Vader piece was designed to concentrate on what made him a star before his WCW run and the lesser-known facts about his career, which might be why it seems to be missing out on his period in WCW and WWF. If enough people want us to cover his time in the U.S from 1990-1998, it's something that I'll be happy to return to.

Edited by Brian Elliott

• 4 weeks later...

Issue 102 of Fighting Spirit Magazine is now available!

mNUnN2O.jpg

In this month's edition, FSM has feature-length articles on:

- Batista, and the impact that “The Animal” could have now that he has returned to WWE

- The WWF National Expansion, and how 1984 gave wrestling a glimpse of its future

- The Royal Rumble, and the fond memories that wrestling stars and members of the media have of the event

- Ryback, who gives a frank interview on why his heel character works, and the impressive goals he has set himself for 2014

- Georges St-Pierre, and the struggle to carry the burden of being a champion and drawing card in both MMA and pro wrestling

- World of Sport great Mal Sanders, who is the only person to hold two televised victories over Mick McManus

This month also features the results of the FSM Reader Awards 2013, with categories for both international and UK pro wrestling and MMA. Our cover shows that CM Punk took one award – but which one?

All of this, plus our usual news, PPV and TV reports, and DVD and book reviews. Also, in this month's column, Jim Cornette explains how much the battle royal means a lot to him, as it was the attraction at his first live wrestling show as a fan. Also, in a departure from his column, FSM grills Nick “Magnus” Aldis about his newly-won TNA title, the red-tape he fought to achieve it, and whether he plans to remain in TNA for the foreseeable future. “Diamond” Dallas Page is also on hand to explain what DDPYoga can do for both pro wrestlers, and those looking to improve their health and well-being.

The cheapest and easiest way to subscribe to FSM is via our website, here: http://www.fightingspiritmagazine.co.uk/magazine/subscribe UK subscribers will receive their copy of FSM early (subject to a reliable postal service), and upon subscribing for 12 issues, will receive two additional issues absolutely free. This means that instead of paying a total of

Edited by Brian Elliott

• 4 weeks later...

Issue 103 of Fighting Spirit Magazine is now available!

28HiHv5.jpg

- Bray Wyatt, as he looks set to have a huge role at WrestleMania

- The Pay-Per-View business, and how it may be a thing of the past in the wake of the WWE Network

- UFC executive Garry Cook, who talks to FSM about the company's own streaming station, Fight Pass, and his plans to expand the UFC in Europe and beyond

- The late Mae Young, and the long-forgotten early career of one of the sport's most fascinating performers

- ECW's The Night The Line Was Crossed, which began a craze for the company that took over dedicated fans in both the US and the UK

- Ricky Knight, the father of NXT's Paige, who had a storied career in his own right, beginning at a major turning point in the UK wrestling landscape

In important news for non-US residents, FSM provides all the details you need to subscribe to the WWE Network on launch date in the United States

• 4 weeks later...

Issue 104 of Fighting Spirit Magazine is now available!

mEnhRaq.jpg

- WrestleMania, and how this year's show is the most risky since the very first

- Shawn Michaels, who talks to FSM about some of his lesser-known career highlights

- The Ultimate Warrior, as FSM digs into recently released courtroom papers to examine his relationship with Vince McMahon

- Samoa Joe, and whether TNA can change the fortunes of the floundering “Samoan Submission Machine”

- Jim Cornette, who speaks about his recent tour of the UK in a candid conversation

- Zack Sabre Jr., who continues to blaze a trail across the world as one of the UK's greatest wrestlers

- Bret Hart, who discusses the influence of the British scene on his early career, and how UK competitors fared in his home territory, Stampede Wrestling

All of this, plus our usual news, PPV and TV reports, and DVD and book reviews. This month's issue also includes Nick “Magnus” Aldis' monthly column, this time about how the #HandsomeVanMan crew puts in their time on the road. Also, comedian Chris Brooker writes about the incredible experience of attending WrestleMania XXV in Houston, Texas.

The cheapest and easiest way to subscribe to FSM is via our website, here: http://www.FightingSpiritMagazine.co.uk/magazine/subscribe UK subscribers will receive their copy of FSM before the shops (subject to a reliable postal service), and upon subscribing for 12 issues, will receive two additional issues absolutely free. This means that instead of paying a total of

Edited by Brian Elliott

That Warrior article was a fascinating read - some real eyebrow-raising stuff in there that I'd never read before. I won't post any spoilers but recommend checking it out.

Thanks! I loved writing it. Probably the best thing I've ever written and I was pretty shocked when I found the certain item that happens near the end of the article.

Nothing, NOTHING is better than Vince's burial of Warrior in that letter to him to notify him of his suspension, though. Holy balls.

• Paid Members

Ross did some wrestling in Calgary starting in 85. Owen had done one match in Stampede under a mask and fake name before the UK tour.

It was basically their way of getting a working holiday in Europe after finishing school and before looking into getting "real" jobs.

In hindsight it's pretty insane that Owen Hart was this good in what must have been one of his first few matches: