FSM Thread

Vipes

Every month I have a struggle to download this. My pocketmag account doesn't recognise my email address then when I try to re register it says email already used so I am stuck in a loop there and I can't sync across kindle and Android. Now the new issue appears on the App on Kindle for a split second and then is replaced by the free sample which I already have. I literally now have no idea how to download it.

Bobby - could you please email help@pocketmags.com explaining the problem? Whatever is happening, they'll get it resolved for you. Thanks!

Some great articles once again, the belts and lucha pieces in particular, but 8 pages on a computer game! Not every wrestling fan is into computer games.

The 2k15 piece had to be the biggest load of shit I've ever read in a magazine, and that says a lot considering I read FSM when James was in charge. I get that the magazine needs funding, but running an 8 page advert paid for by the game publishers is a disservice to the readers. I simply refuse to believe that the article was genuine. The outright lies about the game take away the possible subjectivity/opinion argument that can usually be made in situations like this. Photorealistic graphics? My god. It looks OK in pictures or when the wrestlers aren't moving, but as soon as they move their faces in any way it becomes like something from The Ring. Bigger than ever? It's actually smaller than ever in many ways.

Come on guys. Other parts of the magazine are good. Why produce something like this?

I'm going to be perfectly blunt here - I stopped buying FSM last year. I enjoyed the focus on debate based articles, like would the WWF roster of 92 measure up against the one today, or who picked the gimmicks that wrestlers like The Undertaker inhabited. There was also pieces (like the old PowerSlam "in depth" articles) that talked about a wrestler's career and where he could feasibly go next in the company. Along with the news, that was interesting stuff. Now? Page after page after page on British wrestling - which while I accept has a large following, doesn't particularly interest me - tons of celebrity columns that essentially repeat the article that went before it. I get Jim Cornette isn't a fan of WWE and loved the old territories - do we have to read that every month? And don't get me started on the yearly plug for 2K.

I'd like to see things like:

Top 10 PPVs of all time

Does a headliner need a championship belt to prove his worth?

Picking a year and seeing how different promotions were faring, in the ring and out of it, say for example comparing 1988 in WCW and WWF.

How the role of the manager has changed over the years.

The history of a title, like the Intercontinental Championship or WCW Tag Team belts.

Now PowerSlam has gone under, the FSM50 would be a good gauge of talent and how they have progressed over the last 12 months.

• 4 weeks later...

Issue 114 of Fighting Spirit Magazine is now available!

XOshAl5.jpg

In this month's edition, FSM has feature-length articles on:

- Dolph Ziggler, who after years of stop-start pushes in WWE is now finally in a position to be a star the company can rely on

- The Fighting Spirit 50, as the FSM crew gets together to discuss the top performers of 2014

- Sheamus, who talks to FSM about his current role in WWE, and how he’d like to change it in the coming year

- The Attitude Era, and how the controversy the WWF stirred changed the company, perhaps forever

- Impact Wrestling, and what TNA must do to have the best shot of succeeding on Destination America

- Dixie Carter, who explains to FSM that she still has designs on taking her company to the next level

- Blondie Barratt, who while modest about his achievements, had a fascinating career that continues to this day

All of this, plus our usual news, PPV and TV reports, and DVD and book reviews. This month's issue also includes Rob Naylor's column on New Japan's latest acquisition, Kenny Omega, while Jim Cornette writes about the tragic passing of his friend, Jimmy Del Rey. Furthermore, Nick “Magnus” Aldis has the opportunity to reflect on his 2014, while Nigel McGuinness explains his vision of the future of pro wrestling.

The cheapest and easiest way to subscribe to FSM is via our website, here: http://www.FightingSpiritMagazine.co.uk/magazine/subscribeUK subscribers will receive their copy of FSM before the shops (subject to a reliable postal service), and upon subscribing for 12 issues, will receive two additional issues absolute free.

Still, if you prefer to pick up FSM at your newsagent, WH Smiths and Easons are the main stockists in the UK and Ireland. For other outlets, please consider asking them to reserve your copy each month, at no extra charge.

FSM is also available on PC/Mac, iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone and tablet, Kindle Fire and Windows Phone; you can either download it from your app store, or do so from http://www.tinyurl.com/PocketFSM. To try before you buy, you can also download a FREE SAMPLE ISSUE. You can also make digital or print purchases directly from www.FightingSpiritMagazine.co.uk .

We'd love to hear more about what you would like to read in a future issue. To make a suggestion or leave any other feedback, please tweet editor Brian Elliott at @FSM_Editor or visit our Facebook discussion forum at www.tinyurl.com/JoinFSM

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Edited by Brian Elliott

• 4 weeks later...

Issue 115 of Fighting Spirit Magazine is now available!

hju7HpU.jpg

- Roman Reigns, as with The Royal Rumble imminent, FSM charts the former Shield star's rise, and analyses the potential pitfalls of being WWE’s number one project

- The Reader Awards 2014, as FSM tabulates your votes on the very best of last year

- CM Punk, as FSM looks at what the history of MMA promotions using non-fighters says about his prospects in the UFC

- The Alternative Review of the Year, as FSM cuts through the craziness to bring you the story of the last 12 months, as you’ve never previously conceived it

- Jeff Jarrett, who talks about bringing New Japan to pay-per-view, and what his vision is for his upstart company, Global Force Wrestling

- Eddie Gilbert, who 20 years after his death remains one of the most enigmatic figure in the pro wrestling business

- Mel Stuart, who had as colourful a career as any of the biggest names of World of Sport wrestling

All of this, plus our usual news, PPV and TV reports, and DVD and book reviews. This month's issue also includes Jim Cornette's memories of the greatest manager in Memphis wrestling history, Jimmy Hart; Rob Naylor on a man he has known for many years, NXT champion Sami Zayn; and Nick “Magnus” Aldis on the legacy of “Professor” Mike Tenay, who is stepping away from the Impact Wrestling commentary table to work on other company projects.

The cheapest and easiest way to subscribe to FSM is via our website, here: http://www.FightingSpiritMagazine.co.uk/magazine/subscribeUK subscribers receive their copy before the shops (subject to a reliable postal service), and upon subscribing for 12 issues, also receive two additional issues absolutely free. This means that instead of paying a total of £55.86 in shops, the same content is available via subscription for £35.

Still, if you prefer to pick up FSM at your newsagent, WH Smiths and Easons are the main stockists in the UK and Ireland. For other outlets, please consider asking them to reserve your copy each month, at no extra charge.

FSM is also available on PC/Mac, iPhone/iPad, Android and Kindle Fire. A free sample issue is available at www.tinyurl.com/PocketFSM, although you can also download the issue via the Fighting Spirit Magazine app in the iTunes, Google Play, or Amazon app store. Another advantage of the app is that it links to many hours of relevant matches, promos, and shoot interviews that you do not get with the print edition.

FSM is grateful for your continued support. We'd also like to know what you want to read about, so to make a suggestion, please tweet editor Brian Elliott at @FSM_Editor or visit our Facebook discussion forum at www.tinyurl.com/JoinFSM

Edited by Brian Elliott

• 4 weeks later...

Issue 116 of Fighting Spirit Magazine is now available!

wKQhzxj.jpg

- Vince McMahon, and how after huge errors of judgement at two Royal Rumbles in succession, WWE would be better off without him at the creative helm.

- Daniel Bryan, who talks to FSM about his long road to recovery after neck surgery, his return to the ring, and his goal for WrestleMania XXXI.

- William Regal, as FSM finds out about the early career of arguably the finest all-rounder Great Britain has ever produced.

- Austin Aries, as FSM chats with “The Greatest Man That Ever Lived” about Destination America, TNA management, and the reputation that has often preceded him.

- Shinsuke Nakamura, as FSM describes how various ups and downs have helped produce the special talent being recognised today.

- Jon Jones, as FSM investigates the lives of superstar sportsmen to suggest that more than sheer arrogance may be behind the behaviour of the disgraced UFC light-heavyweight champion.

All of this, plus our usual news, PPV and TV reports, and DVD and book reviews. This month's issue also includes Jim Cornette's re-booking of the Royal Rumble match and subsequent WrestleMania main event; Rob Naylor on the rise of The Young Bucks; and Nick “Magnus” Aldis on Impact Wrestling's tour of the UK, and how it was a much different experience for him this year.

The cheapest and easiest way to subscribe to FSM is via our website, here: http://www.FightingSpiritMagazine.co.uk/magazine/subscribeUK subscribers receive their copy before the shops (subject to a reliable postal service), and upon subscribing for 12 issues, also receive two additional issues absolutely free. This means that instead of paying a total of £55.86 in shops, the same content is available via subscription for £35.

FSM is also available on PC/Mac, iPhone/iPad, Android and Kindle Fire. A free sample issue is available at www.tinyurl.com/PocketFSM, although you can also download the issue via the Fighting Spirit Magazine app in the iTunes, Google Play, or Amazon app store. Another advantage of the app is that it links to many hours of relevant matches, promos, and shoot interviews that you do not get with the print edition.

Thank you for your continued support. We'd very much like to know what you want to read about in future issues, so to make a suggestion, please tweet editor Brian Elliott at @FSM_Editor or visit our Facebook discussion forum at www.tinyurl.com/JoinFSM

Edited by Brian Elliott

• 4 weeks later...

Issue 117 of Fighting Spirit Magazine is now available!

Iz9f5iQ.jpg

- WrestleMania XXXI, as FSM works through the possibilities to preview the 30th anniversary show on March 29.

- The 10 Greatest WrestleMania Matches of All-time, as FSM's worldwide contributors argue over the best the show has had to offer.

- Charlotte, as FSM investigates her success and asks whether the time is right for a call-up to the main roster.

- Ray “The Crippler” Stevens, who has been bypassed for this year's WWE Hall Of Fame, but ought to be inducted as one of pro wrestling's all-time greats

- Bobby Lashley, as he tells FSM of his desire to regain the TNA World title and hold Bellator’s MMA heavyweight belt at the same time.

- The Tokyo Dome show of 20 years ago that, with 13 participating promotions, will surely never be equalled.

- Drew McDonald, whose warmth and personality behind the scenes will never be forgotten by his peers.

All of this, plus our usual news, PPV and TV reports, and DVD and book reviews. This month's issue also includes Rob Naylor's recollection of his time as a fan of New Japan Pro Wrestling; Jim Cornette on how the absence of Ray “The Crippler” Stevens makes even more of a mockery of the WWE Hall of Fame; and Nick “Magnus” Aldis tells a delightful story about one match he had with the late Drew McDonald.

FSM is also available on PC/Mac, iPhone/iPad, Android, Kindle Fire and Windows Phone. A free sample issue is available at www.tinyurl.com/PocketFSM, although you can also download the issue via the Fighting Spirit Magazine app in the iTunes, Google Play, or Amazon app store. Another advantage of the app is that it links to many hours of relevant matches, promos, and shoot interviews that you do not get with the print edition.

FSM is very grateful for your support, and would like to print the articles that you want to read. To make a suggestion, please tweet editor Brian Elliott at @FSM_Editor or visit our Facebook discussion forum at www.tinyurl.com/JoinFSM

• 4 weeks later...

Issue 118 of Fighting Spirit Magazine is now available!

s5DcD1B.jpg

- Brock Lesnar, whose signature on a new WWE contract was the spark that WWE needed for WrestleMania and beyond

- The crisis in WWE commentary, as FSM investigates whether this is damaging the relationship between company and customer.

- Ric Flair, who in the 1980s was the kind of wild personality to perfectly represent pro wrestling as its World champion

- Ring of Honor, as its ROH On Sinclair TV show is arguably the best weekly pro wrestling programme on air today

- Dave Taylor, FSM demonstrates why fellow workers hold him in much the same regard as British legends William Regal and Fit Finlay

- Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Manny Pacquiao as FSM looks down the long and winding road toward making the biggest money fight of all-time.

All of this, plus our usual news, PPV and TV reports, and DVD and book reviews. This month's issue also includes Jim Cornette's opinions on Bill DeMott and his resignation as WWE developmental Head Trainer; Nick “Magnus” Aldis on why the wrestling world should heed the words of Hall of Fame main-eventer Kevin Nash; and Rob Naylor on Sean “123 Kid/X-Pac” Waltman, who still has much to offer the business, in and out of the ring.

Furthermore, this month's issue also includes a heartfelt article by British star Kris Travis, who explains how he was diagnosed with stomach cancer, his subsequent surgery and convalescence, and how he is now planning a return to the ring.

FSM is also available on PC/Mac, iPhone/iPad, Android, Kindle Fire and Windows Phone. A free sample issue is available at www.tinyurl.com/PocketFSM, although you can also download the issue via the Fighting Spirit Magazine app in the iTunes, Google Play, or Amazon app store. Another advantage of the app is that it links to many hours of relevant matches, promos, and shoot interviews that you do not get with the print edition.

Fighting Spirit Magazine is very grateful for your support, and would like to know more about you want to read in FSM. To make a suggestion, please tweet editor Brian Elliott at @FSM_Editor or visit our Facebook discussion forum at www.tinyurl.com/JoinFSM

Edited by Brian Elliott

I have not bought the magazine for a while and thought I would check the latest issue out.

This was until I read the above post mentioning Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Manny Pacquiao.

Since when is this fight a wrestling or MMA fight?

I have zero interest in buying a boxing magazine.

I've let my subscription lapse now for the third time and I can't see me going back. Historically, I've gone back after a year or so break in the hope things improve but each time I've been disappointed. I find the magazine incredibly boring and somewhat amateurish. I found myself reading less and less of the magazine each month due to the articles not interesting me and the news being laughably out of date. John Lister for example. I love his writing and I own all his books but I have no interest in reading any of his history articles due to the subject matter. Everyone has different tastes though and FSM just isn't for me, but I'm glad others enjoy it. It's good it has an audience and the more successful wrestling products on the market the better.

It's a shame Fin Martin is such a dick as PS was better, for me anyway, in every way but I genuinely believe he drove his audience away with his attitude. It's good FSM has stolen some of his/their better ideas like the PS50 though. I used to seek out matches of some of the less mainstream guys to see what the fuss was about.

I have not bought the magazine for a while and thought I would check the latest issue out.

This was until I read the above post mentioning Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Manny Pacquiao.

Since when is this fight a wrestling or MMA fight?

I have zero interest in buying a boxing magazine.

It's the biggest combat sports match of all-time, the story of which bleeds into pro wrestling and MMA, and I felt it would be of interest to our readers. I'm not a huge rugby fan, but I'd certainly read a rugby article if its principles applied to football, for example, or sport in general.

On the basis of one article I don't think we're "a boxing magazine" quite yet! :)