FSM Thread

Vipes

What are the chances of a collection of the Greetings, Grapple Fans articles being released as a special edition or as a digital mag? They're my favourite part of FSM every time I read it. They could be extended versions of the articles if Lister had more usable information from things like his Jim Breaks interview. A special edition with all the profiles of the British legends would probably make a good stocking-filler for relatives who remember them first time round, too.

Me too - I think all these articles collected into one paperback volume would be awesome! Make a great little book.

• Paid Members

I had a similar experience talking to Johnny Kidd -- he has an absolutely amazing memory and reeled off the dates, venues and opponents for his first few months in the business nearly 40 years ago!

Regarding the book, all I can say at this stage is that I too would very much like to see exactly that type of thing released ;)

(I am very annoyed I already used the Greetings Grapple Fans name for a book though!)

• 3 weeks later...

Issue 100 of Fighting Spirit Magazine is now available!

JkezE6C.jpg

In this month's edition, FSM has feature-length articles on:

- Fighting Spirit Magazine's Top 100 wrestlers since the publication first hit the shelves

- Daniel Bryan, and how his storyline screwjob compares to real-life incidents of the past

- Damien Sandow, and how WWE must make use of his multi-faceted character

- Big Van Vader, and how he made a fearsome reputation before major runs in WCW and the WWF

- UK wrestling sensation El Ligero, who takes us on a journey into the life of a full-time British wrestler

All of this, plus our usual news, PPV and TV reports, and DVD and book reviews. Also, in this month's columns, Jim Cornette writes about a fascinating piece of wrestling history that even he had not previously encountered, and Nick “Magnus” Aldis contrasts the comedic and the curious with stories about his time in TNA. Furthermore, the former Razor Ramon, Scott Hall, goes in-depth with his tips on how UK rookies can improve his or her skills.

The cheapest and easiest way to subscribe to FSM is via our website, here: http://www.fightingspiritmagazine.co.uk/magazine/subscribe UK subscribers will receive their copy of FSM early (subject to a reliable postal service), and upon subscribing for 12 issues, will receive two additional issues absolutely free. This means that instead of paying a total of

Edited by Brian Elliott

• Paid Members

Should note that there's no Greetings Grapple Fans this month as the magazine was jam-packed and it was the easiest thing to put back without it getting out of date. It'll be back from next month and pieces on Les Kellett and Mal Sanders are already ready to run.

• Paid Members
Just read this months Greetings Grapple Fans and I got goosebumps! Johnny Kidd is a true legend in British Wrestling. I was fortunate to meet him whilst working for W.I.L.D up here in Scotland, and he is such a gentleman. I was asked by the promoter if I could pick him up from the airport for one of the shows here, and when we met he treated me like a long time friend whom he hadn't seen for a while, such a polite and interesting guy.

He's a really, really, really great guy. When he was one of the trainers at RBW years back, he was just a really great bloke.

Unlike Sammy Ray...

James Denton should have been interviewed for this. See how he is coping with the Benoit death in 2013.

probably still hating US radio stations for having the temerity to play a song losley connected a WWE video, or getting over the death of his mate/person he met once John Tenta (you know they were mates because he calls him by his real name)

James Denton should have been interviewed for this. See how he is coping with the Benoit death in 2013.

probably still hating US radio stations for having the temerity to play a song losley connected a WWE video, or getting over the death of his mate/person he met once John Tenta (you know they were mates because he calls him by his real name)

James does have a column in Issue 100... :)

• Paid Members
Just read this months Greetings Grapple Fans and I got goosebumps! Johnny Kidd is a true legend in British Wrestling. I was fortunate to meet him whilst working for W.I.L.D up here in Scotland, and he is such a gentleman. I was asked by the promoter if I could pick him up from the airport for one of the shows here, and when we met he treated me like a long time friend whom he hadn't seen for a while, such a polite and interesting guy.

He's a really, really, really great guy. When he was one of the trainers at RBW years back, he was just a really great bloke.

Unlike Sammy Ray...

When were you there? I trained under Kidd and Sammy for a while, too. Was it at the Celbic Hall in Gordon Hill/Enfield Town?