FSM Thread

Vipes

I personally find Magnus' articles generally intolerable. The overall tone is 'who the hell are fans to complain' and he talks like he is Steve Austin or Shawn Michaels in terms of talent.

The attitude is off putting and really goes against the usually positive spin from the magazine.

He needs to remember WE pay his wages and as such can have ANY opinion we damn well like!

As for this article in particular. The pizza story was pathetic. It just painted al involved as immature and unable to sort out problems to someone's face. A simple "hey man, did you realise...",would have sufficed surely? Maybe I am on another planet but that's just common sense!

Edited by Michael_3165

• 3 weeks later...

Issue 107 of Fighting Spirit Magazine is now available!

bhic6uI.jpg

In this month's edition, FSM has feature-length articles on:

- CM Punk, investigating his past to explain why he has now retired

- Wade Barrett, and why becoming the bearer of bad news has finally led to something good

- Stephanie McMahon-Levesque, who has become one of the most absorbing characters on WWE TV

- Layla, as she explains what she sees in her WWE future

- Steve Austin vs. The Undertaker, and their record TV rating of 15 years ago

- Eric Young, who describes what winning the TNA World title has meant to him

- Kazuchika Okada, as FSM illustrates what has made him arguably the best wrestler in the world right now

- Steve Grey, who is nearing the end of his career, but will be remembered as one of the great technicians of his generation

All of this, plus our usual news, PPV and TV reports, and DVD and book reviews. This month's issue also includes Nick “Magnus” Aldis' response to last month's controversial column, while Jim Cornette pens a bumper edition of his column, reflecting on the past and present of pro wrestling in St. Louis – traditionally one of the sport's greatest cities. Furthermore, former NXT Creative Assistant Rob Naylor writes about his first-hand experience of how WWE views talent on the independent scene.

The cheapest and easiest way to subscribe to FSM is via our website, here: http://www.FightingSpiritMagazine.co.uk/magazine/subscribe UK subscribers will receive their copy of FSM before the shops (subject to a reliable postal service), and upon subscribing for 12 issues, will receive two additional issues absolutely free. This means that instead of paying a total of

Edited by Brian Elliott

• 4 weeks later...

Issue 108 of Fighting Spirit Magazine is now available!

859683730.jpg

In this month's edition, FSM has feature-length articles on:

- Rusev, as WWE tweaks the narrative of the Russian heel of the 1980s

- The Usos, who have risen up the card to become one of WWE's best babyface acts

- WWE's cuts process, and what history tells us about those who are let go

- Gunner, who explains what his life was like in the Marine Corps, before his passion for pro wrestling led him to TNA

- House of Hardcore, and how the group is far more than just an ECW tribute act

- Danny Collins, who describes how breaking in to pro wrestling at 16 was just the start of a unique career path

- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper, who offers the benefit of his experience to wrestlers starting out in the business

All of this, plus our usual news, PPV and TV reports, and DVD and book reviews. This month's issue also includes Nick “Magnus” Aldis' column on Gunner and his five favourite in-ring opponents, while Jim Cornette tells the bizarre story of how OJ Simpson changed the course of wrestling history. Former NXT Creative Assistant Rob Naylor also writes about his new passion, SHINE Wrestling, while Will Cooling argues that Froch vs. Groves II proves the importance of boxing on pay-per-view.

The cheapest and easiest way to subscribe to FSM is via our website, here: http://www.FightingSpiritMagazine.co.uk/magazine/subscribe UK subscribers will receive their copy of FSM before the shops (subject to a reliable postal service), and upon subscribing for 12 issues, will receive two additional issues absolutely free. This means that instead of paying a total of

Edited by Brian Elliott

I got FSM every month from the first issue to about 2010 and have obviously missed out on tons. If I were to subscribe to digital issues, I know I can read previous issues. How far back does this extend to? And do you pay per previous issue you wish to read?

Cheers.

• Paid Members

And the Training Ground this month is 10 questions with Roddy Piper covering topics such as how to get yourself over, the secret of wrestling, how to deliver scripted promos, what to do when turning, and his thought process behind the Bret Hart Wrestlemania match.

• Paid Members
I got FSM every month from the first issue to about 2010 and have obviously missed out on tons. If I were to subscribe to digital issues, I know I can read previous issues. How far back does this extend to? And do you pay per previous issue you wish to read?

Cheers.

Digital goes back to issue 56, which as luck would have it is 2010. You have to buy back issues individually (

Edited by JNLister

Cheers.

Back issues currently go back to Issue 57, which is mid-2010. I'm just going to double-check for you on payment options for those.

John beat me to it. You can buy the back digital back issues individually via www.tinyurl.com/PocketFSM. Alternatively, you can email customerservice(at)uncookedmedia(dot)com and ask if we have any print copies left in stock, but we've sold out of a number of issues at this stage.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Fighting Spirit Magazine is delighted to offer a FREE digital exclusive issue to all wrestling fans! To read on PC/Mac, iPhone/iPad, Android and/or Kindle Fire, simply visit www.tinyurl.com/PocketFSM , hit Buy Now on the FREE sample issue marked as costing £0, and go to the checkout.

In this special offering, FSM delves into its archive for pieces on:

- Daniel Bryan, as FSM assesses how his role evolved in the eyes of WWE and its fans in the lead-up to WrestleMania

- CM Punk, as FSM investigates his early career to show why his retirement isn’t the surprise that some consider it to be

- The Ultimate Warrior, who comes clean about his life in wrestling, in what is the most in-depth print interview of his storied career

- Paul Heyman, as the agent extraordinaire sits down with FSM to discuss his on-screen clients, and his own varied career

- SummerSlam '98, as FSM ponders how the event would in hindsight prove to be integral to the entire Attitude Era

- The Dynamite Kid, whose ex-wife opens up on their relationship, and the two sides of the man himself

- Jushin “Thunder” Liger, who has done more for the sport than any junior-heavyweight in history

- Mick McManus, as FSM profiles the self-styled “man they love to hate”.

As well as these features, this FREE edition includes news, PPV and TV reports from the FSM archive, as well as DVD and book reviews. This issue also includes ”Stone Cold” Steve Austin's exclusive recollection of the night that he won the WWF title from Shawn Michaels; Kurt Angle's confession about his depression and substance abuse; Nick “Magnus” Aldis' thoughts on Angle, as he compares him to World Of Sport legend Jim Breaks; while Jim Cornette reflects on the late, great Jackie Fargo.

While this special edition of FSM is FREE to all readers, the cheapest and easiest way to subscribe to the regular print edition is via our website, here: http://www.FightingSpiritMagazine.co.uk/magazine/subscribe UK subscribers will receive their copy of FSM before the shops (subject to a reliable postal service), and upon subscribing for 12 issues, will receive two additional issues absolutely free. This means that instead of paying a total of £55.86 in shops, the same content is available via subscription for £35.

Still, if you prefer to pick up FSM at your newsagent, WH Smiths and Easons are the main stockists in the UK and Ireland. For other outlets, please consider asking them to reserve your copy each month, at no extra charge.

FSM is also available on PC/Mac, iPhone/iPad, Android and Kindle Fire. You can save money on your purchase by subscribing at www.tinyurl.com/PocketFSM. FSM looks stunning on a high-resolution screen, while another advantage of the app is that it links to many hours of relevant matches, promos, and shoot interviews that you do not get with the print edition.

FSM is very grateful for you feedback, and is eager to print the articles that you would like to read. To make a suggestion, please tweet editor Brian Elliott at @FSM_Editor or visit our Facebook discussion forum at www.tinyurl.com/JoinFSM.

Edited by Brian Elliott

I know this is a FSM thread and I enjoy the magazine greatly but Im also sad to see the demise of PowerSlam.  Both magazines offered different things.  Hopefully FSM wont be the next wrestling magazine to fold (after both PowerSlam and WWE's own mag)

It's a great idea for FSM to offer a free download of this month's issue. I hope there'll be a few former readers of PS and the WWE mag who'll give the trial issue a go. I myself haven't read either of the other two magazines for quite some time now but it's a shame to think they're stopping. I don't think wrestling fans like change.