Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
2 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Constantly humbled by the talent on here. Wish I was 1/10th as talented at some of this arty-farty stuff. Keep it coming.

You are.

There needs to be a Tiger Rick cookbook that has Chokeout photographing the food.

  • 1 month later...
  • Paid Members
Posted

My dad has asked me to take some random pics of the North Wales coast where he lives so he has something to paint so I took the camera out to get a few shots on the beach and used it as an excuse to take some long exposure shots. Was great fun and a little different. 

57308568_10161630297470484_1619792318062133248_o.jpg

  • 1 month later...
  • Paid Members
Posted

On Saturday I got the chance to fly over the beaches of Normandy in a WWII DC-3 plane. It was one of the planes used to drop paratroopers over Ste-Mere-Eglise on 6 June 1944. These are some photos I took... I’ll upload more to my Flickr account when I get chance.

Bayeaux Cathedral 

7FB92AE9-6D98-49BF-B717-E48353F1E343.thumb.jpeg.e7733b2b14795e678568634e369575e9.jpeg

Arromanches (Gold Beach) through the cockpit windows 

57ECE346-1043-4C1F-9392-142B7867BE2E.thumb.jpeg.8ae96ed628cd73c8e69d1e5e06a58160.jpeg

Gold Beach, Arromanches and the Mulberry harbour

7DB3EFCA-4ABA-4171-9D02-A8048EAA67F2.thumb.jpeg.814bee0c2679ecf14f468d8d0dd388cb.jpeg

Pegasus Bridge

D8111FBC-E043-4BAC-9188-983D1F381B12.thumb.jpeg.7bdfb9a813ab776f4b2c0ef9c08485af.jpeg

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Finally printing all the portraits I did last year into a book so I have actual printed copies of them all ( which I love) 

Anyway, here’s  a professional Jonny Depp lookalike taken in Manchester. 

7589A3FC-93BA-4A61-A827-452CBDD2ACB6.jpeg

*resolution is a bit shit because I’ve grabbed it off Facebook. 

Edited by chokeout
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Pic from a shoot on Saturday in Sheffield at the Abbeydale picture House, which was an amazing venue.

 

 

65027119_10161882855120484_6244591825126948864_o.jpg

Bonus: In a cross over of this and the cooking thread here's a cookbook I did the photos for Preston Guild in 2012. 

 

IMG_0771.JPG

Edited by chokeout
  • Paid Members
Posted
1 minute ago, Chris B said:

@chokeout - was that natural light or were you doing more to it? Was there much post in it?

There's a gridded speedlight on a stand just to the left of the window, at the same height  to add a spotlight to her and exaggerate the light from the window. Had to get rid of the fire exit sign above the door and the people in the doorway at the back of the shot and exaggerate the light a bit more but not as much tinkering as you'd think. 

  • 6 months later...
  • Paid Members
Posted

I’m just travelling up off the coast of Oban in Scotland. Stunning scenery and probably the most beautiful place I’ll visit this year.

I‘d love to be able to capture these with a proper camera rather than a phone.

1A06D7A7-2D25-4F98-B12A-64D66EAACAC0.jpeg

760C82C0-30CD-42E0-99F6-FC512EB18131.jpeg

284D398A-78B7-4737-91AA-073B3AD513C1.jpeg

C9C3A158-B5C2-48B2-B9A3-76C69EF433BC.jpeg

AFF5E8BA-5AA8-447C-8121-57D1C7A1E986.jpeg

  • 5 months later...
  • Paid Members
Posted

Been scanning some negatives from the medium format camera (to avoid doing other work) Really can't beat the look of film, although it will always be a pain in the arse to shoot with.

zp.jpg

  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Paid Members
Posted

The last few weeks I've actually been allowed out with work to start shooting again, mainly socially distanced headshots and building interiors (which are too boring to post) but it's given me the bug to process a few older pics, so here's a fella dressed like Johnny Depp. 

FB_IMG_1615570849748.jpg

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Posted
15 hours ago, Guy Bifkin said:

Not one of mine (I'm shit at photos) but I have recently discovered and fallen in love with the black and white photos of Tish Murtha, the best of which is the amazing shot below.

d873aba0-653b-11e8-a39d-4df188287fff?fit

That Youth Unemployment book her photos are published in, is one of my favourite ever books, to the point I own 2 of them. Fabulous book. I’ve always loved this pic due to the lad on the left being the spit of a good pal of mine. Great book and set of images, highly recommended.

309CDBB1-24F0-4CEB-AD9C-D6BACBD3949A.jpeg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...