UKFF Photography Thread

matbro1984

• Paid Members

Bit of advice required:

Does anyone have experience with these, or similar infrared cameras?

I picked up this Akaso trail camera due to spotting some cool little beasts in our garden at 5.00am. We’ve had a massive fox, hedgehogs, squirrels, and some really lovely small birds.

Anyway, I’ve set this up and we’ll see how it goes. Is there any tips and tricks to get the best out of it? 

Either way, I’ll post some clips of things if all goes to plan. I hope Ive set it up right.

39FA2E1E-2818-4161-9A50-4207B680A002.jpeg

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members
57 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

That is absolutely fucking brilliant @chokeout. Absolutely stunning.

Do you sell prints? Have you got a link?

Cheers guys. 

Nope, only prints I've done are for weddings and corporate jobs. These portraits are still a bit of a work in progress for me but hopefully if I get enough that I like this year I'm going to print them into a book for myself just so I've got something to show for the year. 

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

That's great. Would you mind sharing a bit about your method for getting that shot? What's your lighting setup?

Yeah sure, I didn't take a black backdrop with me so had to kill all the light in the room so had 2 strip boxes behind, with grids so the light was just going straight forward and lighting the shoulders / sides of the face.(top left)

then I had a soft box almost straight on to him which is the one in bottom right (side on)

hope that makes sense?

lighting3.jpg

Edited by chokeout

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Monkee said:

How do you choose your subjects? These are fantastic portraits. I don’t like photos of me but would love to have someone like this that captures character as well as image.

At the minute I'm just getting as many people as I can. Luckily I managed to get backstage at PCW today and set up next to their usual photographer. It's basically a room full of people that know how to show their character and pose so it was like hitting the jackpot.

• 1 month later...