Paid Members Kaz Hayashi Posted February 5, 2018 Paid Members Posted February 5, 2018 Some beauties there, I really like the last one with the transparent wings, it’s great. Quote
Paid Members Monkee Posted February 5, 2018 Paid Members Posted February 5, 2018 I wish I’d been able to get that without the leaf in front. I was there for a while trying to get it right. It was a brilliant weekend all in all. Quote
Paid Members Kaz Hayashi Posted February 10, 2018 Paid Members Posted February 10, 2018 (edited) Bit of advice required: Does anyone have experience with these, or similar infrared cameras? I picked up this Akaso trail camera due to spotting some cool little beasts in our garden at 5.00am. We’ve had a massive fox, hedgehogs, squirrels, and some really lovely small birds. Anyway, I’ve set this up and we’ll see how it goes. Is there any tips and tricks to get the best out of it? Either way, I’ll post some clips of things if all goes to plan. I hope Ive set it up right. Edited February 10, 2018 by Kaz Hayashi Quote
Paid Members chokeout Posted February 10, 2018 Paid Members Posted February 10, 2018 (edited) update on the 52 portraits in 52 weeks challenge. I've managed 14 so far. Here's one from today. Edited February 10, 2018 by chokeout Quote
Undefeated Steak Posted February 10, 2018 Posted February 10, 2018 That's outstanding, Chokeout. Looks like it could make a movie poster. You've got some talent. Quote
Paid Members Kaz Hayashi Posted February 10, 2018 Paid Members Posted February 10, 2018 That is absolutely fucking brilliant @chokeout. Absolutely stunning. Do you sell prints? Have you got a link? Quote
Paid Members chokeout Posted February 10, 2018 Paid Members Posted February 10, 2018 57 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said: That is absolutely fucking brilliant @chokeout. Absolutely stunning. Do you sell prints? Have you got a link? Cheers guys. Nope, only prints I've done are for weddings and corporate jobs. These portraits are still a bit of a work in progress for me but hopefully if I get enough that I like this year I'm going to print them into a book for myself just so I've got something to show for the year. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted February 10, 2018 Moderators Posted February 10, 2018 That's great. Would you mind sharing a bit about your method for getting that shot? What's your lighting setup? Quote
Paid Members chokeout Posted February 10, 2018 Paid Members Posted February 10, 2018 (edited) 30 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said: That's great. Would you mind sharing a bit about your method for getting that shot? What's your lighting setup? Yeah sure, I didn't take a black backdrop with me so had to kill all the light in the room so had 2 strip boxes behind, with grids so the light was just going straight forward and lighting the shoulders / sides of the face.(top left) then I had a soft box almost straight on to him which is the one in bottom right (side on) hope that makes sense? Edited February 10, 2018 by chokeout Quote
Paid Members Monkee Posted February 10, 2018 Paid Members Posted February 10, 2018 How do you choose your subjects? These are fantastic portraits. I don’t like photos of me but would love to have someone like this that captures character as well as image. Quote
Paid Members chokeout Posted February 10, 2018 Paid Members Posted February 10, 2018 2 minutes ago, Monkee said: How do you choose your subjects? These are fantastic portraits. I don’t like photos of me but would love to have someone like this that captures character as well as image. At the minute I'm just getting as many people as I can. Luckily I managed to get backstage at PCW today and set up next to their usual photographer. It's basically a room full of people that know how to show their character and pose so it was like hitting the jackpot. Quote
Paid Members chokeout Posted February 12, 2018 Paid Members Posted February 12, 2018 Sorry for the double post. A different, slightly more on topic, pic from the other day of The Models being Bushwackers. Quote
Paid Members chokeout Posted March 26, 2018 Paid Members Posted March 26, 2018 Triple posting like a prick so I apologise but I've been cracking on with my portrait project and was in glamorous Chorlton yesterday on a Viking shoot. 32 portraits out of the hoped for 52 already done. Quote
Keith Houchen Posted March 27, 2018 Posted March 27, 2018 Ah man, they're ace! Where about in Chorlton was it? Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.